Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What Happens in YOUR Kitchen?


I have a new idea for a series of blog posts for this here blog. And here it is - I want to come to YOUR kitchen. Yes, that's right, I want to come to your house - to your kitchen - and take photographs.



Not just ANY photographs, though. This is what I want to do - I want to take photos of you in your kitchen, making your favorite recipe. Anything. Any recipe. It can be one you made up, one that's been in your family a really long time, or a new one you just found on a food blog or in a cookbook. Whatever it is, I don't care. All you have to do is tell me you're going to be making it and I will photograph it.



This is what will happen next - I will use those photos for a blog post here on Ate Up Amateur! And I will share the recipe for all of you. So, if you're thinking of doing this, don't pick a recipe that is a deep dark family secret and cannot be shared. Because I want to share it on the blog. So others can make it too!



Doesn't this sound like fun? It does to me - I mean, I will get to spend some time with you, doing some things I love (photography AND food) and we will all benefit. I think it could be quite fun and I think my other two readers will enjoy it. Right, other two readers? You'll enjoy it, won't ya?



Now, of course, I'm looking to work with those of you in the Dallas-Fort Worth area at this point. While I'd love to fly to Pittsburgh to photograph my friend Jessica's favorite recipe, I just can't do it at this time. And, of course, when I'm in Indiana, I hope some of you Hoosiers will let me photograph YOU in your kitchen, preparing your favorite recipe. Or, whenever I am able to make it to another location where you live, I will want to photograph YOU too.



Of course, friends living in the south of France, the island of Oahu, near the Galapagos, in Argentina, on the coast of Belize, near the Banff snow lodge...those friends will be visited first. So, if you live there, clean out that spare bedroom because I'm on my way.

Ahem.



So, please, please, let me know when we can schedule a trip to your kitchen! I cannot wait to get started. Leave a comment in the section below with enough information that I know who you are and I'll contact you to set up a time. Or send me an email. Either way, let's get cooking!

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I think we should look into getting a grant for your travel to Pittsburgh.

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. And come out and visit us in the Jemez Mountains in NM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! You might want to wait to come here though. Dinner time is crazy like I never imagined it could be. My children (especially the 2 little ones) decide that's a good time to get crazy and scream and such. How about lunch on a Saturday? Not that I'm any great cook or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, this is a great idea. Should be a lot of fun for everyone. Are you the secret host of an upcoming Food Network TV show?

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll make my cinna-choca love cookies for you! They were a hit at the office, but apparently not a hit for the Pillsbury Bake Off judges!! There's always next year...next year...

    If you want to come up to Plano, I'll be happy to do this!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!