Friday, November 6, 2009

What Are You Thankful For?

IMG_2730_edited-1 (by Ateupamateur)

OK, so I know Thanksgiving is a few weeks away, but since it's one of my FAVORITE holidays, I think we should start early thinking about what we're thankful for. Because I know there are so many things we are thankful for and we should give thanks for those things more often, don't you think?


IMG_9240_edited-1 (by Ateupamateur)

So, today, and a few more times this month, I'm going to tell you a few things I'm thankful for, and I want you to tell me something you're thankful for to. OK? OK.


IMG_7814 edited (by Ateupamateur)

I'm thankful - and so glad to tell you - that S's dad Sam went HOME yesterday! Woo-hoo for that! I'm sure he's thankful too. And S's mom Cheryl is thankful. Everyone is thankful for that one.


IMG_9209 (by Ateupamateur)

I am thankful for autumn. That's an easy one! And for beautiful crisp cool days heading into winter. And for the colors changing on the trees. For sweaters and turtlenecks - and soup and pecan pie and chili. And, of course, for fall festivals and holiday bazaars. It's a wonderful time of the year.


IMG_3854 (by Ateupamateur)
I'm thankful for sunrises and sunsets.
And for the opportunity to take in their majesty.


Ellie December 2007 (by Ateupamateur)

I am thankful for my dogs. For how excited Ellie gets when I wake up in the morning. I love the sound of her tail beating against the side of the bed and how she can't wait to lick my face.


IMG_7740 (by Ateupamateur)

And, how Echo stands on her rock overlooking the backyard wagging her tail when I return home at the end of the day. Everyone should have someone who is that excited to see them.


IMG_8496 (by Ateupamateur)

I'm thankful for crisp clean water with just a little lemon juice in it. And for a good, cold beer. And for the taste of a ripe tomato. Especially when it's part of a caprese salad, drizzled with a little EVOO. And for the taste of a brand new piece of chewing gum.


IMG_4988 (by Ateupamateur)
I'm thankful for the smell of the air when you drive out of the city.


IMG_8500 (by Ateupamateur)

I'm thankful for clean sheets on the bed. And for the way a meal sometimes comes together just so. I'm thankful for a home and a husband and a job. And a wonderful family. And so many life experiences. I'm thankful for so many things.

So, on this Friday, what are YOU thankful for? Right now? Right this minute? Today? What is it you are thankful for? Tell me! Tell us! It'll make us all feel so good. And, maybe remember something we ourselves are thankful for that maybe we forgot. So let 'er rip!

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. See you Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm thankful for people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for our Creator and all creation. I am thankful that Jesus died for my sins and rose again to join our Heavenly Father. I am thankful for the gifts given by God to each of us. I too, am thankful for family: children, and grandchildren, grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins galore, and all the in-laws and friends. I am greatful to have a relatively healthy mind and body that allow me to independently function and contribute to society.
    I am thankful for you and your blog today for reminding us of how blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my health, health insurance, immunizations and clean, running water. I am thankful for freedom of religion and speech. I am thankful that God, my family and friends love me unconditionally. I am thankful for several straight days of sunshine. I am thankful that both cars are running well today. I am thankful that me and my family will never have to worry about being homeless or hungry. I am thankful that I have so much for which to be thankful!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for Ali .He is my sweet little guy always.

    Dorene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just freakin' glad.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful that Jim's freakin' glad.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nuff said, Deborah, thanks.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful for Cadi and all the rest of my family :)

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful for my precious baby and my family too!!!!!!"

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You be sure and tell Sam that I am happy to here he is home as well. When we enter these years of realizing we are not the physical persone we once was..it takes a little out of us.

    love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!