Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love, Love, Love

I made up this little Valentine to send around to all of LM's friends and relatives on Monday. So, even though the love fest has past, I thought I would post it here too.




I took the photos in the front room of our house on Sunday morning. I used an old red sheet as the backdrop, draped over a couple of dining room chairs. I used the outside morning light filtered through the window as the light source. Photos were taken with two different cameras, using two different lenses. The three photos that appear more "golden" were taken with the older camera and the 50mm lens. The others were taken with the new camera and the kit lens. (18-55mm).

LM was in a good mood and allowed me to get some cutie shots of him before we headed to church. I then uploaded those photos, boosted the color slightly in Photoshop Elements (pretty much just boosted using the "soft light" setting) and then arranged them in this collage. I then used the online photo editing website Picnik to add the heart bokeh. Then I sent it to almost everyone Little Man knows. And now I've posted it on the Internets. The kid has no privacy.

I hope your Valentine's Day was nice. Or uneventful, or romantic or whatever you like to get from that holiday. S and I aren't big Valentine people. Last year we stood in the card shop and showed each other the cards we would purchase. Then we put them back. We have tried to go out on the big day a couple of times in the last 18 years and that never seems to be that much fun - crowds, fixed menus, cranky waitstaff. So, we sometimes go to IHOP. Or stay in. Or maybe meet for lunch. That's about it. I will say S and LM sent me some lovely french tulips last week that I enjoyed in my work cube for a week. That was very thoughtful and lovely. I guess mostly we just show our affection in other ways at other times and not due to this holiday.

But, when it comes to kids enjoying the holiday, I'm all for it. So, I had fun creating this cute little card of the little guy. I hope you enjoy it!

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures of a sweet baby taken by his loving Mom. What could be better.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!