S's "mum" has a mum named after her. Did you know that? Yes, certainly the Cheryl mum was named after Cheryl, my mother-in-law. No doubt about it.
Why, you ask? Well, because they are both lovely in every way, of course. She's actually prettier than the her namesake mum, inside and out!
And Cheryl has had a tough row of it recently, with S's dad Sam in hospital. I mean, he's doing well, but it turns your life upside down, visiting, worrying, caring. And, of course, I am sure if you asked her, she'd say it was no big deal.
But, it IS a big deal. She HAS to be tired. No matter what! So, I thought today would be a good day to showcase the "CHERYL" mum and make sure she remembers we are all here to help her and we all appreciate her very much.
I am a lucky girl to have such a wonderful mother-in-law and great in-laws in general. I have known them almost half my life at this point, and they have always made me feel like a welcome member of their family. They do that with everyone - make them feel welcome. And, I know they have lots of family and friends who have tried to help them - return the favor - as they are stuck in this new routine. And that is very nice, too. But, Cheryl is getting the brunt of the burden, no matter how you slice it, so I thought she might like to see some of her namesake mums today. I hope they make her smile for a second.
And, lucky for my in-laws, they will most likely get to celebrate their 38th wedding anniversary on Friday in hospital. I am sure THAT will make it memorable, won't it. No, not so much. Ahem.
See you tomorrow.
Thank you for the very kind words. I don't feel like I'm doing all that much. I love you so much and I am always very proud to tell everyone that you are my daughter-in-law. Thank you for being so good to me and Sam.
ReplyDeleteCheryl.
Agree's they always make everyone feel welcome. I am glad you have such great in-laws.
ReplyDeletemom