As you might remember, S's mother, Cheryl's birthday was on Thanksgiving. S heard an ad on the radio for a "Holiday Tea" at the Dallas Arboretum. He thought this was something his mom might like to do. So, he signed me up to take her as her birthday present.
I suggested to S that he take his mother to the tea. Not that I wouldn't like to go, but I thought she might like to spend the time talking with him. I like teas too. This idea didn't fly. He wasn't into going at all. For the record, there were some men in the room.
It was very nice. Here are the highlights.
The centerpieces were not real. They were plastic flowers and ornaments. Normally, one wouldn't even notice this, but this is the Arboretum where flowers abound all year long. Apparently, some very helpful women had noticed, so a note was attached to the menu that explained they used those centerpieces, approved by the horticulturists as looking authentic, so they wouldn't have to cut down their "real" flowers with regularity just for a centerpiece for the tea.
The first course was a tomato broth and cheddar biscuit. I didn't photograph it. I ate it up quickly. As you know, if you're one of my two regular readers, photographs around food are touch and go with me. I might remember to take it, I might not. A girl's gotta eat.
After a long, leisurely tea, we walked around the grounds for a bit. Even as winter approaches in Dallas, this place is beautiful.
Right after we walked through this trellised walkway, two guys on a golf cart came through with some cargo...
Not what we were expecting to see.
At the tea, they gave you a coupon for 15% off at the Arboretum gift shop. So, we walked over there to see if there was anything we couldn't live without. There wasn't. It is a nice shop, nonetheless. On the way to the shop, we came across another one of those covered trellises.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.