This is a house in my neighborhood. They light up their house in the front like it was Fort Knox all year long. In December, they change out the white lights for red and green. Festive. I give it an "A" for an interesting color wash effect, but a "D" for effort.
I took several photos of this really cool mid-century modern house in my neighborhood and it's decorations. This is the only one that came out. I like that they stayed with the clean lines of the house to decorate. I especially like the use of the red "orbs" on the front lawn. How oh-so Mies van der Rohe. You know, if ol' Mies put up Christmas lights. Or maybe not. You get the point.
Some houses have very special highlighted decorations. They go for big effect in a special part of the yard or with a special shape or decoration. Let's check out a few of these, shall we?
Some houses have very special highlighted decorations. They go for big effect in a special part of the yard or with a special shape or decoration. Let's check out a few of these, shall we?
This is pretty much the only way to get a "White Christmas" in these parts.
There were actually so many beautiful examples of lit-up trees like the one above that you'll get an up-close-and-personal view of more of the "tree" families later in the week.
(Not up the trunk, in other words...)
I'd venture to say the homeowner didn't do this "whole house"...
Then, there's the special Christmas home-lighter that really goes whole hog. They outline the house. They light up the trees. They include woodland creatures, or other decorations on the lawn. They love Christmas lights and can afford an outrageous electric bill.
Your home looks warm, welcome and inviting.
ReplyDelete