So, Aunt Betty, while a very wise woman as I remember her, only had a formal education to the 8th grade. And, later on in her life, she married a man that landed her in social circles where many of her fellow ladies were college graduates. At social events with these biddies, these women would talk about their time in university, sharing stories, etc. And, they would ask Aunt Betty, "Where did you go to college?" And, she would answer, "I went to Indiana University." And, she felt she was not telling a lie because she had been to IU - she had visited the campus. So, that was her answer.
Today, I can tell you that S and I, we both went to Oxford. How's that. We stopped by the hallowed town on our way to Birmingham, the first stop on my trip for work. It was about lunch time, and it seemed like a very good place to stop. Here are some highlights of the photos I snapped. The sun was straight above, so the light is not the best. And, I had some serious jet lag settling in. Just like to apologize for the photos before I post them. Ahem.
And, I really have no idea mostly of what I was shooting, except the buildings were interesting and I wanted to take their photo. Since I was on a business trip, we didn't really purchase vacation guidebooks for the UK. Had we done so, I might be able to tell you. I could have referenced the Oxford chapter. But, I didn't have such a guide. Oxford scholars, please identify my photos for me. I would be much obliged. Thank you.
That's S over there putting the voucher on the dash of our car.
We sort of made a loop from here, ending back down there, in the distance in this photo, for some lunch.
Look how baggy his jeans are - he lost about 25 pounds during his illness.
There was a round library in Manchester and I could be confusing them.
And, I was sleep deprived when I saw this one.
Beautiful weather this date - generally, we had good weather in the UK.
It reminds me of that 80's sitcom Silver Spoons for some reason.
I was totally in love with Ricky Schroeder.
I was so excited when he joined the cast of NYPD Blue.
Emjoying the pictures emmensely. But at the moment, I am laughing. In one comment you stated> "There is S in the courtyard.".... the font used did not leave much room between the "s" and the "in", so I was reading, er scanning quickly and originally read the comment as 'There is sin in the courtyard'. Just thought I would share the chuckle.
ReplyDelete