I want to also please ask you, if you are a regular reader, to consider "following" my blog, on the left over there. I understand it is sort of a complicated and convoluted process to do this. But, I also understand it is VERY rewarding. ;) And, keep on commenting! I love getting feedback!
And, the last little bit of housekeeping - starting with today's post, I am uploading my photos yet a new and different way. This should mean the posts will load much faster. But, as you will see, it is cutting off the right side of the photos...I'll have to keep working on that.***UPDATE: I FIXED IT!*** I want you to give me some feedback, though. For those of you who have trouble loading my blog because the photos won't load, tell me if it was easier or faster today. I need to know...please tell me! Thanks.
Now, on to today's post.
Last night, I made several things from a box or a bag or a can. I am usually a pretty "from scratch" kind of cook, but sometimes the ready-made stuff is oh so easy. And good!
First up, I made some of these. I've wanted to try some for a while now, and finally remembered to buy the ingredients when I was at the grocery. Recipe here.
While these were cooking, I was also making a "sort of homemade" pizza for S - a Boboli pizza bottom, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella. That's whats in the top oven - it got done way before the Betty Crocker concoction. He liked it. (And, please pay no attention to the fingerprint marks all over the buttons. They're just for show. Thank you.)
While those were cooking, I also made myself something from a can - the main ingredient - Spaghettios. I know. I just grossed out 99.5% of my readers. But it's time to let all the crazy little idiosyncrasies out of the proverbial bag, don't you think?
Yes, I eat Spaghettios. And, I love them. And, that's only the half of it. I also embellish them by cutting up Kraft American Singles and saltines and mixing them in until the cheese melts. Uh-huh. I do. I know. The other .5% has now vowed never to come back. You'll be happy to know that my dear friend and college roommate used to call this concoction, "Trailer Park Casserole." Not that I want to diss on any particular lifestyle, but in this instance, I think Cathy came up with a catchy name for my creation. It's comfort food people.
I'm sure you have something equally heinous you like to eat. Or not. Maybe I'm the only strange one. That could be entirely true. Tell me about it in the comments. I'd love to hear all about it.
And, since I was standing in the kitchen near my cute towels, I shot a photo of said cute towel. Look at those - so adorable, retro, and they have doggies on them! How could you not love those towels! OK, maybe you don't love them. If you don't, write my love of them off as a malady of eating Spaghettios. I bought them here, but they don't have them on their website anymore. Other amazingly cute ones are still available though - I have weakness for cute kitchen towels...
Well, those are blueberry muffins from a box. What? You say...where are the blueberries? Um, they are nonexistent in these blueberry muffins. S likes blueberry muffins without the blueberries. I know, he's totally missing the point and the good stuff. I know. I know. But, that's the way he likes it, so I made them. Now back to the Betty Crocker goodness that was baking in the other oven...
I did not use the fancy-schmancy, I am sure totally yummy chocolate ganache topping Bakerella recommended. I went whole-Betty last night. And, it was fine.
I want to go to there.
ReplyDelete-Jessica