I talked to my brother Steve on the phone Saturday morning. At moment he called, he asked what I was doing, and I was making myself an english muffin for breakfast. I then said to him, "It's not on the diet, but I'm eating it anyway."
Then he said, "You know, it's sort of hard to tell what sort of progress you're making on that diet by only seeing photos of your HANDS on the blog. I mean, I guess they look a little thinner, but it's hard to tell." To this I laughed and laughed. He's so funny! But I also guess he has a point. I did tell him that with only photos of my hands, he would be even more amazed when he saw me in person next week!
But, at this juncture in the weight loss journey, I thought I would post a photo of myself and the supposed progress. As much as it pains me to post photos of myself on this here blog. But I'm going to do it. Today's the day. Here we go.
Here is the "before" photo.
My mom took this at the State Fair of Texas about ten days before I started the diet. So, it's a pretty good "before" photo, I think. I think my face, especially, looks very, very fat in this photo. And my middle, too. OK, really, the whole package. Moving on...
Yesterday I had the day off and met S at his office for lunch. It was there I asked him to take a couple of photos of me with the purse camera. I originally thought we could snap some photos outside, but it was COLD in Dallas yesterday sister! And I wasn't going to stand outside for anything. So we took them in his office. It's a lovely backdrop. And all the photos he took were a little blurry. So, this is the best of the bunch. I think it shows some progress:

View 1

View 2
Yesterday I had the day off and met S at his office for lunch. It was there I asked him to take a couple of photos of me with the purse camera. I originally thought we could snap some photos outside, but it was COLD in Dallas yesterday sister! And I wasn't going to stand outside for anything. So we took them in his office. It's a lovely backdrop. And all the photos he took were a little blurry. So, this is the best of the bunch. I think it shows some progress:
View 1
View 2
I still have a long way to go before I'd call that girl "skinny." As a matter of fact, I think I am about 2 pounds away from going from "obese" to "overweight" according to the BMI calculator. Thank you BMI for that esteem booster. But, I am thinner. 26.4 pounds thinner - a toddler of weight thinner - and that's a good start.
So there you have it. Happy Wednesday. See you tomorrow.
So there you have it. Happy Wednesday. See you tomorrow.
i see the progress in the photo and in person too. great job!
ReplyDeletecarolyn
Looking great! That's just awesome what you have done!
ReplyDeleteBetsy
I can definitely see the progress! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteLisa
I can definitely see a difference... Lookin' smokin', girl! ;)
ReplyDeleteI knew you could do this, and am proud of you!
-Jessica
Wow Amy you are inspiring all of us! Great job !! We always knew you were beautiful at any size, but we want ya healthy. Keep up the trend!!
ReplyDeleteDorene
SO proud of you! That's awesome, Amy!!!!
ReplyDeleteShelby
Amy, you're looking fantastic! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteJackie
YEA AMY!!! You are working it! :)
ReplyDeleteTiffany
congrats
ReplyDeleteKristin
Awesome! You really look good. And I'm telling you, your jeans were practically falling off the other day. Maybe you can motivate me to go biking with you when/if you start that back up.
ReplyDeleteYou look great, sis! Very proportionate to your hands.
ReplyDeleteStay with it Amy -- you are looking good!
ReplyDeleteBrent
Congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteSheryl
Look at that waist! You have accomplished A LOT!!! And I know you want to keep going so feel free to become obsessive if that's what it takes...some times for the really big goals in life, that's what it takes. Love the blog.
ReplyDeleteMonique
You look great!! Way to go. I can definitely see a difference.
ReplyDelete