Saturday night dinner
It was a restaurant, not a bar, even given the name. It was yummy, and looked VERY much, on the inside, like this place I ate in London, oddly enough. This restaurant is on the lower east side, where my friend Maria and I met up with our friend David, on his way to Brooklyn's St. Anne's Warehouse for a play. It was so nice to catch up with these two and enjoy a great restaurant.
After dinner, Maria and I went back to Midtown, where we had some very mild weather for January in NY, and we walked around for a while, taking in the sites. Here are some other photos from that walkabout:
Set of the Today Show in Rockefeller Center
Made of Legos - the next day, I saw more amazing Lego stuff,
which you'll see in a minute.
Lots of pretty churches in NYC
I'm not sure if this was still holiday lights,
or how they decorate all the time.
This, surely, was holiday related.
This lizard is a permanent fixture.
The Apple store near Central Park - it's underground
OK, so the next day I met my friend Wilma for breakfast, and we stopped by the FAO Schwartz store quickly to pick up a souvenir for LM before I had to get back to the conference. We saw these big Lego people in that store:
Then, I took a self portrait in the hotel room.
With a grill coming out of my head.
So I tried a different mirror.
In my defense, there wasn't much else to do in the hotel room.
I was on my way to more conference-ing, as you can see.
Then I headed home...view from the plane.
Great weekend of information for work and visiting with friends in the downtime.
See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.