I should say, however, that I thought I could do this post in one of two ways - either playing up the spirituality or more ala yesterday's post - humanizing the cows - you know, Sister Sarah Bovine and her Bovine Baptist Brethren. And I had some really funny stuff in that vein. Funny stuff. But, I didn't go that route. For three reasons. 1) I didn't want to offend anyone's religion, and while I wouldn't mean to be offensive, S tells me it might be construed as sacrilegious to try to be so funny about the subject of baptisms, even of the bovine variety. 2) the photos really do move me and look just plain spiritual to me. They do. I love the light and the earthiness of the creatures in the water. 3) It's Thursday and that's a good third reason for no reason at all. So, without further ado, my "spiritual" look at a bovine baptism.
As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
O sisters let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
O sisters let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
O sisters let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
O brothers let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
Come on brothers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
Let's go down, come on down,
Come on brothers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
O fathers let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
O fathers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
Let's go down, come on down,
O fathers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
O mothers let's go down,
Let's go down, don't you want to go down,
Come on mothers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
Let's go down, don't you want to go down,
Come on mothers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.
As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way !

Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way !
That is so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteBrent
I love this Amy, it's very nice.
ReplyDeleteWendy
I like this post.
ReplyDeleteKerry
photos and post both wonderful. thanks again.
ReplyDelete