Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Made it to Vail
We did finally make it here last night. After a couple of stops along the way and my mother navigating Denver traffic and semi truckers on hills, we still made it here alive. Amazing. It was a very long two days, worrying about S and getting out of town. And, a few items needed attention once we got here. So, I was up late. Very late. After not sleeping too well in ol' Amarillo, getting up early and driving all day. I was spent.
S is doing great - he's worn out from the days of fever, but feeling great otherwise, thank goodness. What's more, the doctor thinks maybe it was just a normal ol' bug anyone might get and not his colitis. Even better.
Just a couple of photos today - I took a quick walk over to the "office" last night to make sure I knew the way for this morning and caught a couple of photos. And, there are some here from near the hotel.
The altitude sickness is not too bad so far. I love that medicine. Makes all the difference.
I am tweeting for work this week and next, so I may not tweet on my own account quite as much. If you use Twitter and want to follow my work tweets this week, you can do so @DallasSymphony. I don't talk about my job on this blog because it's a personal blog, but since I'll be doing that in an "official" capacity, I thought I'd share.
It is much cooler here - not as cool as the weather forecast led me to believe it would be, but still cool. And that's wonderful. Just wonderful.
I'll have more interesting things to say, I hope, going forward, when I get caught up on my sleep and get into the work and excitement of the place. See you tomorrow.
Labels:
on tour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
room 381? really?
ReplyDeleteYes, room 381. Why? Did you stay there?
ReplyDelete