I used my 50mm lens for the first time in a long time. This meant I had LOTS of blurry photos. I love this lens, but you really have to pay such close attention on the focus. And, when you're grabbing shots of moving, wiggly kids, this is not always so easy. Nevertheless, I caught a few good ones of the festivities.
Katherine's party was a "pink" theme. Not the rock star, or the western store, but the color. Heh heh.
Andrew and LM and Alexandra - well, heck, all the other kids at one point in time or the other, they all tried to horn in on Katherine's big present moment. But we batted them all off long enough for her presents to be opened.
Brooke made a cake from scratch for Katherine's party, as well as a little cake for her. I honestly have to say this was the first time I was at a first birthday party where the baby refused the cake. She wouldn't eat it! They tried giving her brownie, and she wouldn't eat that either! She did have her shots the day before and wasn't feeling her best, but this was a strange turn of events for certain. Nonetheless, she looked cute refusing the cake. ;-)
The kids loved playing together in the playroom and with Katherine's new toys. LM loved the little trampoline they had in their playroom as well as other toys he doesn't have at home. He also liked playing the piano. He had a good nap before we went, so he was in a pleasant mood.
We tried for the three babies in one photo...didn't work.
We even tried with Mamas holding them.
Not great. Maybe someone else got a good one...
I thought this was so sweet - LM sat down to help Andrew put his cars in the bag.
So now all the Dallas cousins are officially past the one year mark. LM and I will travel to Indy to share in Gibson's big day in a couple of months, and then we'll all be officially out of 2010 babydom, I guess, and on to the next adventure.
See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.