The Little Man and I spent some time in Indiana last week. It was gloriously cool, beautiful weather and we got to catch up with our Indiana relatives. I had a goal of spending as much time outside as possible. I did a pretty good job of that. We have lots of activities while we were there, so here is the first of a couple of posts about our time there.
One thing that was fun to do while we were there was get LM and his 2010 Indiana cousin, Gibson, together. They are now both old enough to really interact. It is also evident how much they not only don't resemble one another, but don't really even look related. Funny story - I visited a good friend of mine for lunch the day after we returned to Dallas. I was showing her pictures of LM and his cousins. She commented how much LM looked like S and agreed he and his Dallas cousins look so much alike. Then I showed her a photo of Gibson. She said, "Well, finally a baby that looks like you!" Ha! That would be my NEPHEW!
Nevermind, it was fun to see these kids interact. It will be fun to see how they grow and change. I hope they will enjoy playing with one another as the years go by, even if it is intermittently when we visit.
One more story - when we first arrived on Friday at Gibson's house, Gibby's three older siblings descended on the babies. My brother Steve came in and said, "Do you remember last year when we got a kitten but then gave it away to a new home. What we were really doing was FREEING the kitten from being tortured with attention by our children." Or something close to that. Then he said, "They are sort of the same way with babies." Hee hee. They sort of are, but in a completely adorable, caring way.
Steve ran the big kids off and the babies "played". I put that word in quotes because the first thing LM did to Gibson was attack his head. From that point on, for a few days, Gibson was just a little bit afraid of the boy. I don't blame him. He can be sort of a brute. And, well, they are really too young to "play" - when they did interact, it was mainly because they wanted whatever toy it was the other one had. But, it was still fun to watch them spend time together.
Look at those beautiful blue eyes!
Quite the charmer.
"who me?"
Cora is taking dance lessons - she had put on her dance outfit to show me her moves.
Uncle Steve is TALL.
In case you were wondering, LM can make a mess anywhere.
These were some of the toys in contention.
They went back and forth several times.
Winning!
Stealing!
And maybe my favorite photo - my child, palming the head of his cousin to steal the toy away.
While whining about it.
I am SUCH a good parent.
Gibby got it back, though.
A fun time was had by all.
See you soon.
I'm catching up on your posts today. I LOVE the picture of Luke "palming" Gibson and taking the toy. Such boys and both very cute at that.
ReplyDeleteThank you Robin. They are indeed cute!
ReplyDelete