S and an egg
There is this huge Easter egg hunt going on in London right now. This is one near the performance hall. On the first night, we were in a hotel near the hall, so we walked up and checked it out. The lobby had tons of activity in it and there was an outdoor market going on, even though it was FREAKING COLD outside - the locals didn't seem to notice.
An orchestra festival going on in the hall lobby.
The outdoor market.
Also near the hall - the London Eye.
And at night - it was blue except on St. Patrick's Day,
when it was, of course, green.
The hall, from a few blocks off.
S at dinner on Friday.
A centerpiece in a hotel lobby.
Not the hotel we stayed in, but another one.
A pretty area where we ate dinner on Saturday.
A cowhide Mini Cooper.
This was in a dealer showroom near another hotel we visited. I had to go inside and take a photo. I mean, it's not every day you see a cowhide covered vehicle!
The view from our 2nd hotel room.
Believe me, the view was the best part of this place.
The central staircase at Fortnum & Mason, the Queen's grocer.
The design is to celebrate the Queen's diamond jubilee this year.
Fortnum & Mason isn't your typical department store.
There are chandeliers.
And wooden staircases. Old school.
OK, how about some sculpture.
This one is called "Jelly Baby Family"
It didn't feel like spring, but the flowers were blooming.
It was COLD!!!
Park wildlife.
Very well fed pigeons.
Wild parrots.
Monday I have five meetings in a row. It'll be rather fast, then we'll take a train to Gatwick for a cheap flight to Amsterdam. On to the next city, the next hall, the next hotels. I'll try to post again later this week.
See you soon.
London is a city I would love to visit; probably will never happen however you have given me a climpse I wouldn't have otherwise. Thank you daughter and Sam.
ReplyDeletelove,
Dad