
On Sunday the 8th, my oldest brother Bob will celebrate another birthday.
So, today's post is all about him.
Bob is notoriously good at anything he tries. This can be frustrating for a younger sibling. He also drove notoriously nutty as a younger man, and not really much better now.
When I was very small, he and Rick used to get me to say strange things they thought were funny - like, "green one" or "poperotion". They would laugh and laugh. Until recently - I mean, well into my adulthood, I still called him Bobby, which drove him crazy. And, he used to tease me by telling me I did things "like a girl" which I eventually figured out was OK, you know, since I am one.
Terri's doing a great job of ignoring him.
A helpful tactic.
Of course, we've covered before that Bob and Sherri have two children, my niece and nephew Amber and Austin. And, next weekend they'll celebrate another wedding anniversary. So, Happy Anniversary, in advance, you two.
When I was little, I thought Bobby Pins were named after him and wanted to know where all the "Ricky Pins" were, for my other older brother, Rick.
He's a grandpa now, to Rolen, and of course, since he's SO much older than me, I can always kid him about his age. And, well, you HAVE to think about stuff to kid him about, because he's always ready to kid.
Today, two days early, I wish him the Happiest of Birthdays, a wonderful year, and many many more years of sibling torment. Love ya, Bob. Have a great day!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.