Wednesday afternoon I really wanted to go someplace besides the beach to be outside to enjoy the weather and the scenery. I decided a botanical garden would be the place to go, but didn't even know if there was one near where I am staying. So, I googled it. And, I found the Mounts Botanical Garden is not far from my hotel. So, I headed that way.
This is a big place - many areas were very well manicured, and other area were still in "development". The sun was high in the sky and I was very pleased with a number of photos I ended up with. It was a beautiful place and a lot of fun to wander through there by myself with my camera in tow.
The real downside of the place is it's location - it is situated just north of the West Palm Beach Airport, so it is directly in the flight pattern of every landing plane. Planes were coming in regularly. I was also bummed to find out that their gift shop is only open Thursday-Saturday, so I didn't get to stroll through there.
There were so many good photos - or photos I like from my visit - let's stop short of calling them good - that I am going to spread them across several posts. Depending on what happens the rest of the week, I may post some more this week, or maybe next week.
I have arranged the photos in "categories" like trees, leaves, flowers. Revolutionary categorizations. So, I'll post more in categories over the coming days.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.