Checking out the scene.
The boy fell asleep on the way to Ennis, so Daddy got him out of the car and tried to get him to wake up gracefully. While he did that, I placed the rocking chair in the field and checked out the light. It was really nice light, no?
Then Daddy put him in the chair.
And we talked about the flowers for a while.
I'm not sure what Daddy was saying here, but something interesting, for sure.
My toddler boy. Such a toddler. Such a boy!
For some reason, in my head, I want to wait until he's two to cut his hair. This is completely irrational based on nothing. His hair is going pretty wonky these days...I am not sure we'll make it three and a half more months before he gets a trim. Ahem.
Love.
Such a typical look these days - what's that? Over there!
I should probably lighten the shadows on his face, but I love his sweet smile here.
We tried some "into the sun" - the sun was a bit too low for a great effect.
In my opinion.
So, back to the chair, away from the sun.
He's a-talkin' to us here.
"LM, where's your belly?" Oh. Got it.
Then we tried for some IN the flowers.
Yeah, not so much.
The highlight of the day for me was all the wonderful photos I got of these two together.
LM lit up when Daddy sat down beside him.
"Hey, Little Man, where's Mommy"
"Mommeeee!"
Then, there were a couple with me.
He climbed out of the chair...so we sat next to the chair.
Back to the chair, solo.
Ah, the innocence of childhood.
One of my favorites.
Oh that blessed tongue.
Also a favorite - this one looks so very Norman Rockwell to me.
Like he's gonna take that rocker on a ride!
Then, we were "officially" done...but I caught these...
...and these...
So it was a good trip.
I took a couple of just the flowers that I like too - I'll share those on another day.
See you soon.
Amy, lovely photos and such as lovely story. Thanks for sharing. Celia
ReplyDeleteAmywag,....so sweet!!! : >
ReplyDeleteThank you so much ladies!
ReplyDelete