Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Boo to You" Recap

So, we had a good time trick-or treating last night over in Brooke and Michael's neighborhood. Things did not go as planned to get there, so LM and I arrived, and we were both a little flustered I think. The other kids had on their costumes, so he wanted to put his on. Then, once it was on, he wanted it OFF immediately. He threw a fit and I wasn't very pleased about it. Turns out maybe he was just hungry, because after we ate some pizza, he was ready for that costume and to go "get some candy!"

IMG_9451-2.jpg
Wanting the costume OFF!

IMG_9455-2.jpg
The start of the pizza...still upset.
And rather bare skinned.

IMG_9457-2.jpg
Alien desserts

IMG_9458-2.jpg

IMG_9459-2.jpg
All the desserts were yummy, alien or not!

IMG_9461-2.jpg
Starting to find his Happy Place

IMG_9463-2.jpg
Frog costume on - ready to go!

Let me tell you how we got to the tree frog in the first place. Late summer, I started asking LM what he wanted to be for Halloween. He said he wanted to be Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba. So, I ordered that costume. It came, we put it on, he loved it. Then, about a month later, we're sitting at the dinner table and he says, "Mommy, I want to be TREE FROG" for Halloween. But Baby, I thought you were going to be Muno. "No, I be TREE FROG!" So, I did a little Google search and brought up some images of tree frog costumes. Now, I'm not entirely sure where he even got the IDEA of a tree frog, except that he's been pretty into watching Diego in the mornings while we are getting ready for work. Diego has all sorts of animals on there, so I figure that's the source. 

Anyway, these costumes all had a head piece with them. Last year, the lion head piece wasn't such a hit. So, I showed him, and that he would have to wear that as part of the costume. He said, "Like a hat?" I said, yes, I suppose so. He said, "OK!" So, my friends, I ordered that costume. When it arrived, we tried it on, and once it was fully assembled, he said to me, "Mommy, I'm so happy." So, apparently that's all it takes - one tree frog costume - to make the boy happy.

IMG_9474-2.jpg
And here is the whole gang.

IMG_9478-2.jpg
Then a close up of these two - they were grinning so cutely I had to snap it.

IMG_9482-2.jpg
A cute bunch for sure!

IMG_9488-2.jpg
Then it was off to the races.

IMG_9490-2.jpg
Moments after he realized each house was going to give him CANDY!!!

IMG_9494-2.jpg
Silly Minnie, making faces at the cameras

IMG_9498-2.jpg
Then on to the other side of the street!

IMG_9500-2.jpg
Shortly after Uncle Mark and Uncle Michael fixed LM's shoe covers.
And Daddy arrived!

IMG_9504-2.jpg
He said each time, "I got more CANDY!" 
Like this was really interesting.

IMG_9506-2.jpg
And so it went...

IMG_9510-2.jpg

IMG_9529-2.jpg

IMG_9535-2.jpg

IMG_9540-2.jpg
As the sun set...

IMG_9548-2.jpg
Love this one - grainy, but great anyway

IMG_9559-2.jpg
Then it was time to check out the stash.

IMG_9566-2.jpg

IMG_9568-2.jpg
A fun time was had by all!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.