What's more, we went to the Arboretum on Saturday for their Harvest Tea for my mom's birthday. It was lovely, and I took photos, and I will share them here too. But, here is what I want to tell you about the Dallas Arboretum today: 1) if I could have a penny for every HUNDRED dollars of camera equipment being carried around that place on Saturday, I'd be rich. Everyone was there with their little munchkin decked out for fall, trying to get "that" shot.
2) I have decided there is special "photo dust" at the place, because, while the parents weren't having much luck where I was looking, I had amazing luck once again and got quite a few memorable shots. And, of course I want to share them all with you, but sister, I have to eat and sleep and I am behind!!! and 3) with the aforementioned camera equipment and special photo dust, the Arboretum should really think about sponsoring a photo contest. Really. Really. No, really they should. They could display them somewhere in the summer or something to give people a reason to go in the heat. Or in the winter when things are dead. Or something. But, they should. Really. Do that.
So, after all the excuses, I will share with you just a few real gems from Saturday that take my breath away in different ways. Again, they involve bugs, mostly. Go figure.
On a pumpkin. Eating a nut. What more could you ask for? This one - not breathtaking material, but cute. Definitely cute. And seasonal. Autumnal, if you will.
Speaking of autumnal...
Not many autumn colors here, but when the misters came on in the fern dell, with the light shining through, it made a pretty picture, I thought. And, it gives the illusion of colder weather.
More stunning photos, Amy!!
ReplyDeleteI can't stop looking - so you'd better keep taking those photographs.
What an awesome time with incredible pictures captured as memories!
ReplyDeleteShelby
beautiful pictures, love the butterflies.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
that last one in particular is amazing.
ReplyDeletelove, love, love those pictures just beautiful Amy! Tell your mom Happy belated Birthday for me.
ReplyDeleteMichelle