The whipped topping, waiting for color.
And the Little Man with his "smock" - Daddy's old t-shirt.
But, I got to thinking, why couldn't you just put food coloring in a whipped topping of your choice and use THAT as edible paint? I mean, it would still be edible, it's white, so it'll take the color, and it would pretty much work like paint, more or less. It's no less like paint than shaving cream, which people put food coloring in to paint in the tub. So, we tried it.
The goods - topping, coloring, paint brushes, colored card stock.
We put food coloring in some non-dairy whipped topping (like Cool Whip, but we used the store brand) and let the Little Man paint away.
Daddy worked hard at it.
Yellow.
Green.
LM went right to it.
I pulled some cookie cutters out too - they made good stamps.
There are all four colors, finally fully combined.
Eventually he got curious about tasting it. He hesitated. We told him it was special paint and he could eat it. Well, of course, once he knew that, there were several minutes of eating paint, not painting with it.
But then, he went back to the painting part. Now, I figure, at some point these paintings will not be wont for this world. And then we'll throw them away.
Paper four - artwork with the brushes and cookie cutters.
Definitely a winner activity for this toddler.
The four finished masterpieces.
And the fifth - on his smock, of course!
See you soon.
I love his grin in picture #9. Precious!! Messy fun is always the best fun!
ReplyDeleteSo, this Grandpa wants to know what your going to do when the teacher calls and says your son wants to eat the paints?
ReplyDelete