The biggest and best sand cities were built on this day.
Before this day, LM would knock them down before they were built!
On this day, he "helped" build.
That is the shirt with permanent sand embedded in the fibers, by the way.
This boy so loved the beach. He really did.
Look out! Snot-nosed sand boy on the loose!
For those of you wondering if I was really there, I was.
And that's the MOM hat, by the way.
Another version...imagine, two photos of me and the boy I actually approve of.
The Little Man's feet in the sand.
Some sort of Navy vessel floating by.
Anyway, the last beach day was back out at Coronado Beach. We played a while, again on an overcast morning, mostly before the crowds. That way, you get a great parking space though! We had a space about 20 feet from the main entrance to the beach! We played in the sand until LM seemed to be getting tired. Then, we put him in the stroller and walked down to check out the historic Hotel del Coronado. Then, we walked into the little town of Coronado for lunch and then back to the car.
The hotel from the beach.
We saw the hotel, LM checked the inside of his eyelids.
The beach from the hotel.
Some flowers on our walk.
I think they are apples, no?
After the beach, we took LM to have his first haircut, but that deserves it's own post, don't you think? Yes, I think. Then, that night, we were privileged to have dinner again with Steph and her family. It was a nice visit as well, out near where they live, in Mira Mesa, except that LM was in a funk. But, otherwise, it was nice.
Steph, LM, Me
Look how we all coordinated in our reds and pinks.
On Saturday, we got packed up and headed out pretty early, and thought we would get to the museum before LM fell asleep. But we were wrong. So, we drove around Balboa Park a bit and then to the Mission, as previously mentioned. Then, to the airport for the flight home.
Saint Francis of Assisi
My favorite saint.
I found it hilarious that their security company was called, well, you know.
It was a beautiful and sacred place.
I was quite taken by it.
See you soon.
Loved, loved, loved seeing pics of you AND LM together. More of these please! It is obvious that you had lots of fun on the beach and on your trip. I agree that the Mission is a very pretty place.
ReplyDelete