First, there was this.
That's right. We were at the fair when Big Tex met his demise. And, I have to tell you, this turn of events was strangely morbid. I guess because "he" was such an icon, but even now when I look back at the photos, it's creepy. That didn't stop us from running TOWARD the fire, of course, to get these photos. Ahem.
On to the food.
This cutie joined us.
And this cutie too!
Then it was on to the rides.
Five of us rode the Texas Star.
The rest of us waited for them, which was just fine with the rest of us.
I hear, anyway.
There they go!
Homeboy stayed on the ground with the rest of us.
They are up there in one of those baskets.
Then it was on to the butter.
Oh, and more food.
And some rabbits - the triplets of rabbitville.
Some more of the group.
The chorus contingent.
Singers, you know. :-)
We checked out the Girl Scout exhibit, too.
I didn't get to see this one when we were there as a family. And, as a GS alum, I was interested to see it. I even got a stalk of shortbread cookies since I was a former Girl Scout. Score!
We're having fun. Really.
Another nice day at the fair.
See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.