Thursday, March 13, 2014

Going Home - and The Myth of the Flat Belly

As I mentioned in the last post, they did eventually let us go home. On the morning we were to be discharged, I took a shower and put actual clothes on for the first time in five days. And, I seriously felt as if my belly was SUPER FLAT. I'm not kidding. When I looked in the mirror, and looked down from my vantage point, I was amazed at the transformation! 

image
I even took a photo to prove it.

 IMG_4891.jpg
And, let's be honest, it IS flat compared to THIS.

But, my friends, that tummy ain't flat. Nope. It is far from flat. I asked S to take a photo of me with BB, convinced it would prove my tummy's flatness...and here is that photo:

IMG_5232.jpg

Um, yeah. Not flat. At all. Oh well...how about flatter - we shall go with that. Ahem.

Anyway - this was all on going home day, as I said, so that meant we also put BB in "real clothes" for the first time - in a "going home" outfit I bought just for him. Most of what he will wear for the next several years of his life will be hand-me-downs from big brother LM, but for going home, he needed his own outfit.

IMG_5229.jpg
And he swam in it...of course.

IMG_5235.jpg
But he was cute in it nonetheless.

 IMG_5237.jpg
And he looked oh so tiny in the car seat as well.

IMG_5242.jpg
That's the receiving blanket his Nana made him...

IMG_5243.jpg
And we made it home.

IMG_5245.jpg
And took a nap.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!