Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Progress Snapshot

So last week I lost another 2.8 pounds to officially exceed my goal of 25 pounds lost by Christmas. The total lost was 26.4 pounds. I am very proud of this accomplishment. Given the number of holiday parties, traveling, Christmas meals, etc that are coming my way the next 2.5 weeks, I have decided to "worry" about the diet per se until the first of the year. I will watch my portions, etc, and hope to not GAIN weight, but I am not going to beat myself up about the holiday eating either. So, the plan is, on Jan 1, to be the same weight I am today. That's the plan.

I talked to my brother Steve on the phone Saturday morning. At moment he called, he asked what I was doing, and I was making myself an english muffin for breakfast. I then said to him, "It's not on the diet, but I'm eating it anyway."

Then he said, "You know, it's sort of hard to tell what sort of progress you're making on that diet by only seeing photos of your HANDS on the blog. I mean, I guess they look a little thinner, but it's hard to tell." To this I laughed and laughed. He's so funny! But I also guess he has a point. I did tell him that with only photos of my hands, he would be even more amazed when he saw me in person next week!

But, at this juncture in the weight loss journey, I thought I would post a photo of myself and the supposed progress. As much as it pains me to post photos of myself on this here blog. But I'm going to do it. Today's the day. Here we go.


amy before (by Ateupamateur)
Here is the "before" photo.

My mom took this at the State Fair of Texas about ten days before I started the diet. So, it's a pretty good "before" photo, I think. I think my face, especially, looks very, very fat in this photo. And my middle, too. OK, really, the whole package. Moving on...

Yesterday I had the day off and met S at his office for lunch. It was there I asked him to take a couple of photos of me with the purse camera. I originally thought we could snap some photos outside, but it was COLD in Dallas yesterday sister! And I wasn't going to stand outside for anything. So we took them in his office. It's a lovely backdrop. And all the photos he took were a little blurry. So, this is the best of the bunch. I think it shows some progress:


IMG_5547 (by Ateupamateur)
View 1

IMG_5552 (by Ateupamateur)
View 2

I still have a long way to go before I'd call that girl "skinny." As a matter of fact, I think I am about 2 pounds away from going from "obese" to "overweight" according to the BMI calculator. Thank you BMI for that esteem booster. But, I am thinner. 26.4 pounds thinner - a toddler of weight thinner - and that's a good start.

So there you have it. Happy Wednesday. See you tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. i see the progress in the photo and in person too. great job!

    carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! That's just awesome what you have done!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see the progress! Keep up the good work!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely see a difference... Lookin' smokin', girl! ;)

    I knew you could do this, and am proud of you!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amy you are inspiring all of us! Great job !! We always knew you were beautiful at any size, but we want ya healthy. Keep up the trend!!

    Dorene

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO proud of you! That's awesome, Amy!!!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, you're looking fantastic! Way to go!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEA AMY!!! You are working it! :)

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! You really look good. And I'm telling you, your jeans were practically falling off the other day. Maybe you can motivate me to go biking with you when/if you start that back up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great, sis! Very proportionate to your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay with it Amy -- you are looking good!

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!!!

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that waist!  You have accomplished A LOT!!!  And I know you want to keep going so feel free to become obsessive if that's what it takes...some times for the really big goals in life, that's what it takes.  Love the blog.

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great!! Way to go. I can definitely see a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!