Monday, December 14, 2009

Best of 2009 - January and February

The year of 2009 is winding to a close. It's that time of year when people, among other things, begin to reflect on the year they've had. And I'm no different. I thought it might be fun, over the next three weeks, from time to time, for me to choose my "BEST OF" from the blog and post them here. There are two categories for this - best blog posts - as in subjects - and my favorite photos from the year. Today I'll go way back to when it was also cold last January and February.

I had so much fun reminiscing through the January and February blog posts - oh how time flies - when I look at them they seem like eons ago and just yesterday all at once. First up - my favorite posts, in no particular order:

S Still Thinks He's a Kid
This one will always be a classic.

A Winter Jam Session
I'm a sucker for cute kid interaction.

Cooking with Eva
This was just such a fun outing with my mama.
And tasty, too!

The Granny Globetrotters
I loved these ladies.

Now for my favorite photos of January and February - in no particular order:


Ellie and her ball (by Ateupamateur)
My sweet Ellie and her ball in the winter laden backyard.


more new airport dec 28 (2) (by Ateupamateur)
A sunset coming through the glass at the new Indianapolis International Airport.


IMG_3102 (by Ateupamateur)
A newborn's foot - our nephew Andrew's, to be exact.


Casa Linda Theater (by Ateupamateur)
From the never finished "movie houses" series -
Casa Linda Theater sign and marquis.


Old barn (by Ateupamateur)
A barn that's seen better days at the Greer Farm.

So there you have it - two months down in the reminiscing department! We had a lovely weekend - a little work, a little play, lots of unexpected moments of wonderfulness. We saw the movie THE BLIND SIDE and I would highly recommend it! A sweet story of hope. It was really nice to see a movie in a theater for a change. And the weather was perfect for being indoors. We had dinner with S's parents and played some Skip-BO on Saturday night which was very nice. And we also took in the annual lessons and carols service at our church which always puts me in the holiday spirit.

Later this week we'll have some more delectable recipes for your holiday gatherings and beyond. I cannot wait to post them here for you! And please, if you're in Dallas and cooking/baking in the next few days, give me a ring-a-ding so I can invite myself over to photograph. I promise I won't actually EAT much at all! I have a few more things to share with you too as we head toward Christmas and 2010. Just a few! So stay tuned!

Happy Monday! See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning, Amy. Looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!