Friday, January 30, 2009

A winter jam session

Deacon and Isaiah

I have one more post I must put up from when we were in Indiana last month. I figured getting it up before the end of January might be good, so here it is! I mentioned in the whirlwind post about our holiday trip to Indiana, that Deacon and Isaiah entertained us with their guitar playing. And, boy did they. Here's the full story. We had quite the artistic evening. There were just too many cute photos of the two of them interacting to not post them in their entirety. So, here we go.

Deacon had a guitar that he received either for birthday or Christmas a while back - I can't remember which - you'll remember his dad, Steve, plays guitar, so Deacon of course thinks the guitar is a cool thing. Santa brought a guitar to Isaiah for Christmas this year. Isaiah already has a drum set and takes drum lessons, so he was also very keen on getting a guitar to learn about as well.

Just so we're clear - there is no real guitar knowledge inside these two boys - yet - besides how to hold and strum. This did not deter them. And, maybe one day, when they're rich and famous rock musicians, these photos will be priceless. Ha! (Of course, in my opinion, they are already priceless. Sniff.)



Steve helped them get their guitars relatively in tune. Then they performed on and off for a good hour, I'd say, individually and together. This was guitar strumming, plucking and SINGING while they "played." Most selections were seasonal - being that it was Christmas and everything. Rudolph was represented, as well as Santa. And, I'm sure Jesus got a few shout outs, too.

Here's a few of Deacon solo:







And a few of Isaiah all by his lonesome:




Heck, even Steve got into the act.
Lori found this to be all too much, I guess. :)


While her daddy played, Cora danced...

...and danced. She loved it.


Then, the real party got started when the two guitar heroes decided to perform duets. Please forgive the sometimes wonky focus - I was still (and still am) learning to use that new lens I received from my wonderful husband for Christmas. That's why, sometimes, the best focus is on the TV. Oops. Anyway, the boys played together for a time:






While they played we did sing along.

And Cora took photos with my camera phone.

Following are some of Cora's outtakes - scroll on through, and I'll see you on the other side. I know some of them are very blurry - but, consider this - she's 4, she was shooting with a camera phone with no flash in low light, and there was a lot of movement. With all of that into account, they are darn good photos! And, I left in some of the most blurry ones because you can still see without a doubt the fun that was being had:







See what I'm talking about here?
Way blurry, but maybe one of the best photos in this whole post.
In my opinion.
Look at the action!




All tuckered out.

Thanks, guys, for sharing your budding musical talent with us. It gave me very interesting subjects to capture. And, thanks, Cora, for showing us your budding photographic talent. It was an artistic evening that I just had to share!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I remember that concert! It rocked!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!