Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Recipes

IMG_0779 (by Ateupamateur)

I have a few more recipes to sneak in here before Christmas. But, I have not had a chance to process one for today. It's been a crazy week - I've been busy. But, I don't want you to go into the last weekend of the holidays without some more holiday recipe ideas.

You know I am a fan of several other cooking blog sites. So, I thought I would share some links with you of recipes I've seen lately on my favorite blogs that you might also like to try for the holidays. A win-win. You get a recipe or two and I don't have to feel guilty about not getting one up here for you today! So here we go!

First up, a couple of recipes from Smitten Kitchen. This one is perfect for those of you who receive fruit in the mail this time of year - what a simple, tasty recipe for some of those pears! I received some pears in the mail on Wednesday from a very nice person and intend to use Smitten's recipe on them to make them extra special! And, from just earlier this week - who wouldn't like to slurp down some of this wonderful sauce? Put it on ice cream, chocolate cake, or heck, just spoon some out of the pan and right into your mouth. Divine!

IMG_0703 (by Ateupamateur)

And, of course, from the Pioneer Woman - here is her tried and true cookie recipe. And, just so we don't completely go into sugar overload before this post is over, here is a main dish recipe from PW that sounds completely yummy.

Surfing on over to Bakerella's website, we find a delectable recipe for pecan pie that makes not one, not two but THREE pecan pies in one batch. Perfect for sharing.

Also perfect for the holidays, and another way to use one of my favorite vegetables - a sweet potato biscuit recipe from Something for Sanity. This isn't a cooking blog, but I couldn't do this post without mentioning this wonderful twist on a biscuit.

And, how about some gingerbread? You can find a wonderful recipe with an oh so cute photo over on Simply Recipes. Check it out for yourself.

IMG_0617 (by Ateupamateur)

Oh, and over at the New York Times, they posted this wonderful article about a layered holiday tradition that is not to be missed! I can't even imagine getting a cake to look like that!

Of course, all the big time cooks out there are posting holiday recipes to beat the band. So if you're not full up with holiday inspiration, go check out Rachael Ray, Martha Stewart, Paula Deen or any big time cook you please! There are so many wonderful holiday recipes out there you will have a hard time deciding what to cook first!

But we could put new holiday recipes aside and just dive on into baking the tried and true favorite this time of year or any time, really - go ahead and make some Toll House originals and call it a day. A fine day that would be, too.

So I hope I helped you get your holiday cooking juices flowing this Friday. Cook up a storm this weekend and tell me all about it! I'd love to hear about your favorite holiday recipes, and of course, I'd love to come photograph you cooking them too...just say the word and I'm there!

Best wishes for this last weekend before Christmas! See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!