Monday, December 21, 2009

The Sickness

So I've been unexpectedly sick all weekend with a kidney infection. So I have had little to no energy and mostly laid in the bed or on the couch. Napping. Or occasionally watching television. I've been really fun to be around. A barrel of activity, that's for sure.


dogs with coats (2) (by Ateupamateur)
The dogs looking dapper in their coats.

I have a couple of things to show you though. First, late last week one day, I decided I wanted to let my dogs go outside - it was sunny, but still a little cold. So I dragged out their outerwear. I know. This makes me strange that my dogs have outerwear. It makes me one of THOSE people. It's OK. I'm down with that. So included here are a couple of photos of them enjoying the weather in their cute little outfits.


dogs with coats (1) (by Ateupamateur)
Echo in the 90's GAP sweatshirt and Ellie in the fashion forward sweater.

Also late last week S and I went to dinner over at Patrizio and I convinced him to try some pesto that came with my mozzerella tomato salad. He totally fell in love with it and wanted to make some at home. Had I been feeling better, I would have cataloged the whole process to share with you here. But since I was not feeling well, you get a photo of the final product. It was good, I have to say - a little garlicky, but good. S loved it. He's now totally into pesto. It's so funny.


pesto (by Ateupamateur)
The pesto.

I do hope to post some more holiday recipes this week if I can get up off the couch. We travel this week, so I have to get the house ready for the animal caregivers and get packed, etc. And then of course there's that little holiday called Christmas - also S's birthday - that comes at the end of the week. There's that too. So I hope to see you here later on this pre-holiday week for something more fun than kidney infections. Geez.

Best wishes for your Monday. See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. sorry you are sick, rest up, and get well soon. got antibiotics?

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you this weekend...the last show was kinda wild. You know what a fun-loving bunch the orchestra is !!! Never seen so many different Christmas hats...

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drink cranberry juice and not the cocktail with sugar.

    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom used to tell me to use AZO Standard. It is a pill from the drug store. You do whats best for you according to your doctor,hon

    Dorene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, feel better soon!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck! I hope you feel better soon. I had a kidney infection right after I got married and it was NO fun.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!