Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Housekeeping

IMG_0756 (by Ateupamateur)

1.) Welcome to those of you who clicked through from the Pioneer Woman's site. I hope you'll visit back sometime. For those of you who didn't see PW's post about her trip to Dallas, it is here. For those of you who missed that I met the Pioneer Woman last week, that post can be found here. What is most fascinating about this juxtaposition is that the two people we saw at the signing that we actually knew out of the whole crowd were our friend John's mom Beth and her twin sister Ree. I didn't mention that in my post, but certainly should have, because if you click through on that PW post up there, you will see them featured as one of the sets of twins Ree Drummond photographed last week! They are the set with one named REE. Funny. Love it! Also very mentionable - John is home from the hospital and doing much better. And for that we're all so VERY thankful!

2.) I have several recipes to post for you this week as we head toward the holidays and you're all in cooking moods. So, check back this week for some taste bud tinglin' posts. And, if you haven't appeared yet in the In YOUR Kitchen series and plan to do some cooking, say, next weekend, please send me an email or leave a comment so I can make plans to invite myself over to photograph it. Come on - it's painless - and we all want good recipes for the holidays! It's fun! I promise! Thank you.


IMG_0754 (by Ateupamateur)

3.) We spent time this weekend Christmas shopping. Ugh. What a beating that can sometimes be! And to the wallet, too! But, progress was made! We also spent time making some special gifts here at the house to give at Christmas. I took a few photos, but of course cannot share them until after the big reveal. So, check back towards the end of the month on that! What I can tell you is that working on that project was WAY more fun than going to the mall.

4.) S has started replacing the fence! Woo-hoo! And it looks great. I was going to show it to you, but I forgot to take a picture of it before it got dark and now as I write this morning it is still dark. So, imagine a beautiful new fence in place of the old tired one. It is wonderful. He's doing it in stages, and his brother Michael helped with the first part. And I am eternally grateful to both of them for moving towards completion on that project! It's been a long time coming.

5.) The diet is trudging along. I have another weigh in tomorrow, and I feel as if I've hit a bit of a plateau. I'm not expecting much. But we'll see. I need to find some more time to exercise, but that isn't going to happen this week, as I'll be up at work all hours of the day and night with Christmas programs. 'Tis the season. But I am committed to keep trying, and try I will. Amen. And I'll let you know how it goes...


IMG_0759 (by Ateupamateur)

6.) It is suddenly cold here in Dallas. Winter weather has taken hold. We had SNOW last week, for goodness sake - before they've seen snow in places like INDIANA. What on earth is the world coming to? No good, I'd say, if it means we get more blustery cold weather! No good! I like the cold, but only for a while. It's been a while. Thank you, and come back next year.

OK, well, that's about all I can think to update you on this Monday morning. You are now all up to date. For about fifteen seconds. I just felt the need to update you before we headed into the fun of the week's posts. I feel better even if you don't. Thank you. I hope your weekend was productive. Or restful. Or busy, if that's what you needed. See you tomorrow with a wonderful recipe that you're gonna want to run out to make. Until then, Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!