Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Portrait Attempt

IMG_5868 edited (by Ateupamateur)
Faleena, Caitlin, Mark

Over the holiday break I had the pleasure of photographing my friends Faleena and Mark with their newest addition, baby Caitlin. They were hoping to get a family photo out of the time spent with my camera, and I think we were able to get a couple of decent shots.


IMG_5836 edited (by Ateupamateur)
Some glare issues here with Mark's glasses here, but it's so good of Mama and baby I left it in.

We had some limitations to the photo shoot - we tried earlier in the week, but Caitlin was coming down with a serious ear infection and was not her usual lovely self, as you can imagine. And the weather, you might remember, was unseasonably cold for Dallas for most of the month of December and the start of 2010. Thank goodness this week we've gotten back to some unseasonably WARM temperatures!


IMG_5850 cropped and edited (by Ateupamateur)

Even when Caitlin was feeling better a few days later, she was sort of sober for the shoot. I got a couple with a little smile, but mostly caught genuine sober baby faces, which are cute enough for anyone. And, this photographer isn't as adept at capturing photos of little ones this age...once they start toddling around, I'm a little better. A little.


IMG_5830 edited (by Ateupamateur)

This post showcases a couple of the shots I felt were the most interesting. I hope you enjoy them.

IMG_5881 edited (by Ateupamateur)
We took the inside shots at Mark's parents' house.

IMG_5885 cropped and edited (by Ateupamateur)
I think there is no debating who's running the show here.

IMG_5895 edited (by Ateupamateur)
She's clearly looking at Mommy here.

IMG_5923 edited (by Ateupamateur)
Speaking of Mommy, here's an attempt at a mother-daughter pose.

IMG_5937 edited (by Ateupamateur)
I love this one.

IMG_5949 edited (by Ateupamateur)
And how about a few of the big C by herself.

IMG_5953 edited (by Ateupamateur)

IMG_5955 edited (by Ateupamateur)
And I think this one clearly shows Caitlin's thoughts on the photographer.


IMG_5974 edited  - this is my frog - (by Ateupamateur)
The frog turned out to be a good prop.

IMG_5973 edited (by Ateupamateur)

IMG_5970 edited (by Ateupamateur)
She's a cute one, no?

Last but not least, we attempted a group shot with the grandparents and the dog. This was almost too much for this photographer. Her skills are of the AMATEUR variety. But, with help from Photoshop, we got the following composite...

family group edited (by Ateupamateur)

I think it looks like they are watching me worrying about the outcome of the shot and wondering that themselves, but if you didn't know the circumstance, they are all looking towards the camera, except the baby, who is looking in the general direction anyway, and have pleasant looks on their faces. So, it wasn't a total washout I suppose!

So there you have it. Some photos of my friends from LA LA Land. Thank you, Faleena and Mark for letting me attempt a family photo for you. I hope you enjoy them!

Since I haven't posted recently, I'll give you a little update on stuff around here. Let me tell you the class is off to a good start. It's a lot of work for me and them, I suppose, but so far so good. And the diet isn't in full throttle yet after the holiday hiatus I must confess, but the good news is I haven't gained any weight since the last official weigh in before the holidays. And that's something! Besides working feverishly at work and on the class, S and I have started working on the little things on the house we have never finished - trim, paint, etc in an attempt to finish things up and have the pleasure of living in a "finished" house. (Does that ever happen?) I have also started taking a look at those closets of mine and I'm making a plan for a late winter purge. We have too much STUFF, people. Too much. God bless us.

Best wishes for the rest of your week and for whatever it is you have on tap for the weekend. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the pictures of Mark' family and of his parents, too. Also congrats on maintaining your weight loss. Maintaining is just as hard to do as loosing it is to do.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!