Monday, July 19, 2010

The Final Week

So, a lot has happened since the birthday post. Namely, my blood pressure has gotten more squirrely than before. So, I spent some time being monitored for blood pressure last week, and they decided it was time to move the birth date up a week. They have determined the baby is ready to come on out if he needs to. They estimate he'll be 7 and a half pounds. And, we'll have him on July 23rd instead of July 30th to alleviate any more strain on this old pregnant body. I will have made it to 38 weeks, which is considered full term.

That means suddenly we are in the final week! So, my parents and S's parents had to rearrange all of their plans to make the 23rd work. I feel a little guilty about that, but babies seem to have their own timetables, even when we're scheduling them! I am starting to get the picture that my scheduling days are over...

And I still have so much to tell you! Since all I am supposed to be doing these days is lying around, I hope to get it all said. Here comes a flurry of blog posts to you. Today's post - a recap of my final baby shower, comprised of people I work with or used to work with, given by my good friends Errika and Amanda.


IMG_6905 (by Ateupamateur)
That is Amanda passing out photos to color.

IMG_6908 (by Ateupamateur)
And there's Errika, thinking about what colors to choose.

These ladies really put on a "themed" event. The theme was photography - my photography hobby. They went onto my Flickr page and downloaded photos for several reasons. First, they chose some of their favorites to turn into photo magnets, and those were the "prizes" given out to the game winners. Also, one of the games was to "color" some of my photos they had printed off to look like coloring book pages. I chose the winner.


IMG_6907 (by Ateupamateur)
Misty and Rondi checking out each others coloring skills.
Rondi, the costume designer, won.

IMG_6909 (by Ateupamateur)
The food table.

IMG_6912 (by Ateupamateur)
The petit fours.
I know, not photo themed, but OH SO CUTE!

Then, the food table, full of some of my favorite foods, also had photo frames on it. And they had collected several photo frames to give to the guests as favors to the shower.


IMG_6921 (by Ateupamateur)
For example, I didn't get this photo.
It was adorable though!

IMG_6930 (by Ateupamateur)
That photo there was of my mother-in-law.
Even that one stumped me for a second.

Lastly, they had each shower attendee include a photo frame as part of their present, and put a photo of themselves as a baby in it. Then, I had to guess who the gift was from from their photo. I was really, really bad at that part. Really, I missed several of them horribly. But, it was fun to see the baby pictures and try to guess!


IMG_6932 (by Ateupamateur)
I received several wonderful and generous gifts for baby S, of course.

IMG_6936 (by Ateupamateur)

IMG_6945 (by Ateupamateur)

And it was a fun time to visit with my work colleagues new and old. It was a sweet and thoughtfully planned event and I am once again grateful for the enormous amount of energy put into it by wonderful friends. Thanks ladies, it was fabulous!

I will be back with more posts on house progress, baby progress, baby showers of various sorts, and whatever else I feel I must get in before the end of the week. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!