Monday, July 19, 2010

A Baby Shower for Brooke

Last weekend S and I had plans to go to Fort Worth - as far as I could travel - to spend a couple of days at a swanky hotel to celebrate our 11th anniversary and just get away one last time before baby arrived. But, as you know, the blood pressure went all haywire and we had to cancel that trip.

One thing I was going to miss by being in sunny Fort Worth (where the hotel had an indoor pool...ahhh) was attending my sister-in-law Brooke's baby shower. We had scheduled the time away before I knew it conflicted with this event. But, since we canceled the "out of town travel" my mother-in-law picked me up and took me to Brooke's shower. When I arrived at the shower, should my doctor be reading this blog, I sat down and lounged for the whole party. I promise I stayed down on a couch even for the shower!


IMG_6985 (by Ateupamateur)

Anyway, it was a lovely affair, full of babies and pregnant women. Boy oh boy, there is something in the water wherever Brooke's friends gather! Funny thing was, of all the babies in the room, newly born or gestating, my baby was the ONLY boy. Girls abounded! (Brooke's son Andrew was with his dad over at my in-laws, so even he wasn't there to raise the boy quotient!)


IMG_6968 (by Ateupamateur)

My friend Deborah was in attendance - you remember she helped host a shower for me back in May and gave birth to her own little girl on June 1 - because she and Brooke attend the same church and are in the same Mommy and Me group. Strange confluence of known circles there, but it was great to see her too, and her little one!

Here are some photos of the action for you of the event. All photos were a little dark...I am going to blame it on the camera. I have a new camera coming this week (with video on it!) in anticipation of our baby's big arrival - of course, if the photos are crappy after we get the new camera, what will be my excuse! Anyhoo, here they are:


IMG_6954 (by Ateupamateur)
That's Brooke on the left, welcoming her guests.


IMG_6962 (by Ateupamateur)
Sister-in-law Kim made this diaper cake for Brooke.

IMG_6987 (by Ateupamateur)
Miss Sophia was there and was all smiles!

IMG_6972 (by Ateupamateur)
More little girls played in the toy room.

IMG_6973 (by Ateupamateur)

IMG_6974 (by Ateupamateur)

IMG_6969 (by Ateupamateur)
See, there I am, on the couch!
Mother-in-law and mother are behind the couch.

IMG_6976 (by Ateupamateur)
Girly things!

IMG_6981 (by Ateupamateur)
We totally oohed and aahed over this homemade gift.

IMG_7007 (by Ateupamateur)
Gratuitous shot of Sophia.

IMG_6989 (by Ateupamateur)
A family heirloom handed down to the next generation.

IMG_6992 (by Ateupamateur)
Baby girls love these soft babies.

So there you go! You can see once again a lovely baby shower was had by all in attendance, even if the photos are a bit dark. We talked about getting another photo of the three sisters-in-law since I'll be "on the other side" by the next time we're all together, but we forgot. Imagine - three pregnant/new mom women forgetting something! Go figure! We'll get to meet this little one in mid-September. Babies everywhere!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!