Saturday, October 26, 2013

American Girl with Cora

One thing we were sure to do while Cora was here was visit the American Girl store. Secretly, I am SO GLAD I don't have girls so I don't have to ever go here except on a special occasion. This place - it is marketed SO WELL to young girls. Everything is at their height. Everything is pink. It's amazing how well they can pull money from parents' wallets. If I had a girl, let's just say she would never know this place existed until someone else told her. Ahem. 

But, luckily, I have a boy - and another on the way. So, I don't have to worry about this particular thing. Incidentally, one day I went here to pick something up as a gift, and I had LM with me. In a matter of moments, he had de-pants-ed three AG dolls before I could stop him. Oh my - I'll have my own issues, won't I? Anyway, I can enjoy this store vicariously through my nieces, who have learned about it some way besides me. When Veda came down a couple of years ago, we made the trek to this place, so now it was Cora's turn. We had a nice time checking it out:

IMG_0211.jpg
Of course, there was a visit to the hair salon.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg
And there was lunch.

IMG_0225.jpg
I'll have you know this doll drank her weight in pink lemonade.

IMG_0205.jpg
And of course there was shopping!

IMG_0228.jpg
Then, to make this girly day complete, we went for pedicures.

A fun day.

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!