Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baby Things

IMG_6756 (by Ateupamateur)
Self-portrait in the baby's room.
Nice, huh? It's the hormones, I promise.

My mom and Unk and Bevi drove down to the shower last weekend to bring us a cradle, a high chair, all the gifts from the Indiana shower, and the two bags of hand-me-downs from my niece Amber. And, of course, so mom could attend the baby shower I talked about in my last post.

Oh, speaking of the shower - my mom didn't take an embroidery class. I got that wrong. She took a quilting class. She already knew how to embroider. Whichever, it's a darn cute baby quilt.

IMG_6740 (by Ateupamateur)
The cradle.

The cradle - this cradle was made by mom's dad - my PawPaw - before I was born. I slept in this very cradle! It needed to be reupholstered, having originally been upholstered by my Nana. So, my mom reupholstered the inside and made the cradle a new mattress. It is very, very nice, and I can't wait for my baby to sleep in it. My mom recently sent me some photos of her remaking the inside of the crib - I will post those for you soon too. You can also see in this photo we are collecting what I understand is like two days worth of diapers and wipes. Hee hee.

IMG_6732 (by Ateupamateur)
The high chair.

The high chair. It was a gift to my mom's parents by HER grandfather. It was my mom's high chair and now it will be for my baby! I love the vintage look and the solidness of this high chair. You can't buy such quality these days!

IMG_6743 (by Ateupamateur)
The crib.

And, while we are on baby things, here are some photos of other items in the baby's room. We are borrowing a beautiful crib from my friend and work colleague Margaret. We picked it up last weekend and S put it together in the room on Saturday. So, we're all set for sleeping for a while!

IMG_6738 (by Ateupamateur)
The rocker/recliner.

We purchased a rocker/recliner for the room, which arrived finally last week. We have both "christened" the chair by taking some very nice naps in it. It's very comfortable. The lumbar pillow matches the bedding we registered for, but haven't gotten the rest of it yet...it will eventually look great in the room I think. I like that it is not "babyish" but very little boy modern.

IMG_6751 (by Ateupamateur)

We have put my toy chest in baby's room. I'd love to find a way to take my name off and add his, but even if we can't do that, we will probably use it for his toys. My Paw Paw also made that for me. He was very handy, no? Nestled on top of the toy chest on the left is a collection of items from my nursery, a baby scale that was my mothers, some stuff that was S's, some new stuff, etc - all of it to go on some shelves on a wall once we get that far.

IMG_6752 (by Ateupamateur)
The baby already has almost a full basket of books!

IMG_6745 (by Ateupamateur)
We re-purposed our desk into a changing table and it looks like it's going to work out.

IMG_6747 (by Ateupamateur)
Also a treasure trove of toys up there for the time being.
My goodness.

IMG_6746 (by Ateupamateur)
Here is a look at that nice new baby car seat!
Now, to figure out how to install the darn thing...

IMG_6748 (by Ateupamateur)

And, we purchased and installed a closet system in the half of the closet we're using for the baby to make it more useful. The other side is still general house storage, but this side is now more manageable.

So, there is a look at all of our collected baby things...old and new. I love how it's all coming together! And, I really appreciate the three musketeers driving all the stuff down for me! See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. We were so glad to bring the 'freight' down to you. Glad that you wanted it (the old stuff that is) and glad to get it out of my house after 37 years :-))

    It looks nice in the babies room and I know everything will get lots of use.

    Love ya,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the old stuff from generations past. So cool and so true about things not being made as well these days.

    I'm excited for you. Not too long now and your sweet little man with be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about that only being a few days worth of diapers! It's amazing how many they go through, especially your first one for the first month or so. We used way more diapers at first on Gabe then we needed to just because we had NO IDEA what we were doing or how to tell if that's why he was crying!!!! Ahhh...new parenthood is so much fun! :) I loved seeing the picture of you preggo! Love it!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!