Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Haircut

Tonight, LM and I will jet off to see our Indiana friends and relatives for a nice long weekend. I can't wait. LM can't wait either, actually. He's really into the airplane ride itself these days. And, he'll love being in Indiana too, of course, that's just still a bit abstract for him. But, on to today's post.

IMG_6677.jpg
Before - in the tub, where you can actually see the length.

IMG_6678.jpg
Yes, the paci still lives.

When we were in San Diego, my friend Magda mentioned she came over to the part of town where our hotel was because there was a children's haircut place. LM's hair was getting a bit long, and more than that, a little unruly, so we decided to take him in for a trim. S was all for this endeavor, really pushing me to do it. I was afraid I would cry. He was gung ho. At least until we got there....

IMG_6699.jpg
the "before" photos...

IMG_6614.jpg

IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6711.jpg
waiting...

When we arrived, the place was cute, but some of the people cutting hair had their own definition of fashion, shall we say. And one little boy was getting a cut with a Wahl trimmer. S started to freak out! He said, "Do they cut all the hair with that trimmer?" Um, no. "I think we should leave." Um, no! We made it this far, waited in line, and we're NOT LEAVING!

IMG_6636.jpg
more waiting...

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6644.jpg
FINALLY!

When it got to LM's turn, he chose a sporty airplane as his seat and was SO GOOD. He wasn't interested in the video they were playing, but he listened to the hairdresser and sat very still. I think he was probably pretty fascinated at the process, and it didn't take long to shape things up, so it was a good trip. They cut off a curl or two for me to keep. And I didn't cry! I know, right? You're as amazed as I was.

IMG_6646.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

IMG_6654.jpg

IMG_6657.jpg

IMG_6663.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg
There were snacks involved. That helped, too.

IMG_6677.jpg
Blow dry!

IMG_6680.jpg
Done!

So, the boy had another little rite of passage. On to the next thing...

IMG_6720.jpg
After!

IMG_6722.jpg
Even MORE curls, people!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!