Friday, August 10, 2012

San Diego, Days 2 and 3

On day 2, we went to the beach closest to us, Ocean Beach, which we have since learned is the only one with it's own collection of homeless people. And, we went on a Sunday, and were there before 8am, because we are on central time in our heads, so we were up early, especially the boy. Oh, and it was overcast that morning, so well, we had the beach mostly to ourselves, save some surfers and the aforementioned homeless people we were waking up as we trudged on into the beach area. We had a great time this morning, for several hours, checking out the water and playing in the sand. Here are some photos:

IMG_5348.jpg
When we first arrived, and for a while thereafter, it was pretty cold.

A video I took when we first arrived.
Full of ocean noise.


IMG_5349.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg
Surfers

IMG_5358.jpg
I love this photo. I have no idea what he was saying, but I love it anyway.

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg
I found the jetty to be quite photogenic.

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg
The badge is leftover from the Beaver Creek Rodeo

IMG_5406.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg
Bringing back more water for the perfect sand mix.

IMG_5495.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg
A little hand sandprint on my leg

IMG_5536.jpg
Three little boy surfers

IMG_5539.jpg
Some sand MAY have been ingested.

IMG_5542.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5554.jpg
He had so much fun.

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

When we left the beach, we cleaned off most of the sand and dressed the boy in new clothes and headed out for some lunch. Only the boy fell asleep before we left the parking lot! So, we drove around and saw the sights for a while before we ate. 

IMG_5586.jpg

Later that day, we were able to visit with one of my longest known friends, Stephanie, and her family. It was nice to visit with them. They actually gave us passes to Sea World and the zoo for free, as well as to the USS Midway and the Museum of Natural History, where Steph's sister Chena works. That saved us several hundred dollars! Amazing. We are getting together with them again tonight.

Then, on day 3, Monday, we got up in the morning and went swimming in the hotel pool. We had it virtually to ourselves and was a lot of fun. The boy and I swam together for quite some time, while Daddy sun bathed on the deck. We had lunch and LM napped and we walked around Liberty Station a bit, which was really nice. Here are some photos:

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5613.jpg
Love this one.

IMG_5619.jpg

That night we went to dinner with two friends who work at the San Diego Symphony! It was so nice of them to come out and eat with us. Michael interned with us a few years ago, and so did Magda, but I also knew Magda from the graduate program we both went through. It was great to catch up for a while. 

IMG_5624.jpg
Michael, Magda, Me

However, I cannot post that photo without saying, what the heck is up with my shirt, and why do I look like I've had four pints? I had not! I am sooooo photogenic. Oh well. Michael and Magda look great.

So there you go. We have had tons more fun since this, and I'll post when I can. Happy Friday!

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I too love the picture of LM with his tongue out! Looks like you all are having so much fun! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!