Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Boo to You" Recap

So, we had a good time trick-or treating last night over in Brooke and Michael's neighborhood. Things did not go as planned to get there, so LM and I arrived, and we were both a little flustered I think. The other kids had on their costumes, so he wanted to put his on. Then, once it was on, he wanted it OFF immediately. He threw a fit and I wasn't very pleased about it. Turns out maybe he was just hungry, because after we ate some pizza, he was ready for that costume and to go "get some candy!"

IMG_9451-2.jpg
Wanting the costume OFF!

IMG_9455-2.jpg
The start of the pizza...still upset.
And rather bare skinned.

IMG_9457-2.jpg
Alien desserts

IMG_9458-2.jpg

IMG_9459-2.jpg
All the desserts were yummy, alien or not!

IMG_9461-2.jpg
Starting to find his Happy Place

IMG_9463-2.jpg
Frog costume on - ready to go!

Let me tell you how we got to the tree frog in the first place. Late summer, I started asking LM what he wanted to be for Halloween. He said he wanted to be Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba. So, I ordered that costume. It came, we put it on, he loved it. Then, about a month later, we're sitting at the dinner table and he says, "Mommy, I want to be TREE FROG" for Halloween. But Baby, I thought you were going to be Muno. "No, I be TREE FROG!" So, I did a little Google search and brought up some images of tree frog costumes. Now, I'm not entirely sure where he even got the IDEA of a tree frog, except that he's been pretty into watching Diego in the mornings while we are getting ready for work. Diego has all sorts of animals on there, so I figure that's the source. 

Anyway, these costumes all had a head piece with them. Last year, the lion head piece wasn't such a hit. So, I showed him, and that he would have to wear that as part of the costume. He said, "Like a hat?" I said, yes, I suppose so. He said, "OK!" So, my friends, I ordered that costume. When it arrived, we tried it on, and once it was fully assembled, he said to me, "Mommy, I'm so happy." So, apparently that's all it takes - one tree frog costume - to make the boy happy.

IMG_9474-2.jpg
And here is the whole gang.

IMG_9478-2.jpg
Then a close up of these two - they were grinning so cutely I had to snap it.

IMG_9482-2.jpg
A cute bunch for sure!

IMG_9488-2.jpg
Then it was off to the races.

IMG_9490-2.jpg
Moments after he realized each house was going to give him CANDY!!!

IMG_9494-2.jpg
Silly Minnie, making faces at the cameras

IMG_9498-2.jpg
Then on to the other side of the street!

IMG_9500-2.jpg
Shortly after Uncle Mark and Uncle Michael fixed LM's shoe covers.
And Daddy arrived!

IMG_9504-2.jpg
He said each time, "I got more CANDY!" 
Like this was really interesting.

IMG_9506-2.jpg
And so it went...

IMG_9510-2.jpg

IMG_9529-2.jpg

IMG_9535-2.jpg

IMG_9540-2.jpg
As the sun set...

IMG_9548-2.jpg
Love this one - grainy, but great anyway

IMG_9559-2.jpg
Then it was time to check out the stash.

IMG_9566-2.jpg

IMG_9568-2.jpg
A fun time was had by all!

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I think the tree frog was a great idea. We can only hope (and perhaps expect), that all of his future selections will be equally as adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!