Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Boy-Friendly Valentine: Superheros!

Title Superhero Valentines

Again, I found this on Pinterest and copied the idea to make it my own. The original blogger has a template you can use with white card stock. I didn't read it carefully and had purchased colored card stock, so I used her template to trace out my own capes and masks.

I should say that S and I did this little craft exercise on our own, without the help of the boy, while he took a massive four hour nap on Saturday. I should also say I am incredibly stressed out with work and life in general at the moment, and this little arts and crafts activity was JUST what the doctor ordered. It got me out of my own stressed head and let me just do something fun for a while. Here are the photos and more information if you want to copy this cute idea:

IMG_2398.jpg
There is Zakka's template, used as a tracing card.

IMG_2397-2.jpg
S traced out the masks - which look a little like bikini tops here. 

IMG_2399-2.jpg
We made all red masks but varied the cape colors between red, orange and pink.

IMG_2401.jpg
S cut out the capes

IMG_2402-2.jpg
I drew in the little eyes on the masks

IMG_2403-2.jpg
S was very proud of this photo, so I'm including it.

IMG_2407-2.jpg
While S cute out all those masks, 
I trimmed the edge of the capes and punched a hole.

IMG_2408-2.jpg
Then I decorated them with the saying.
You craftier people could make this part cuter.

IMG_2400-2.jpg
Then we opened the pops!

IMG_2410.jpg
And I assembled one prototype.
So cute!

IMG_2413-2.jpg
What are YOU lookin' at?

IMG_2414-2.jpg
Then we assembled the other 19. Ahem.

IMG_2415-2.jpg

IMG_2416-2.jpg

IMG_2418-2.jpg

IMG_2420-2.jpg

IMG_2425-2.jpg

IMG_2430-2.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2436-2.jpg

IMG_2435-2.jpg

IMG_2441-2.jpg
Who was that masked man?
Only your friendly neighborhood valentine!

Fun, fun fun. LM will take them to school on Thursday for his class party. I really wanted to figure out a way to incorporate a photo of HIM in his mask on the valentine, but this will have to do, as the aforementioned stress won't allow for anything more! 

IMG_1951.jpg
But, it would have been cute, say, on the underside of the cape.
Maybe next time.

I hope your Valentine Week is a good one. Ours will be more fun with the boy to celebrate it with, as usual. I'll share some of the other stuff we do later on.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!