Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hanging with Nana

We stay at Nana's house when we visit Indiana, so we have down time here and there when we get to spend time with her. Here are a couple incidents of that:

IMG_0455.jpg
First up - reading a book. 
One of LM's favorite books at Nana's house is one called "Neville"

IMG_0456.jpg
The weather was cool and gorgeous while we were there, so we had the chance to sit on the screened porch quite a bit. It was awesome.

IMG_0458.jpg
This is a participatory book - when the characters yell, "Neville!" Nana and LM do too!

IMG_0462.jpg
They really get into it!

IMG_1601.jpg
OK, fast forward to a few mornings later.

I was in the early throes of pregnancy when we visited Indiana in August, and I felt pretty yucky. One morning, Nana and LM let me sleep in. When I finally roused myself from bed, I found the two of them out front, weeding Nana's flower beds. Several minutes went by before they noticed I was there. So, I took the opportunity to snap some photos. It was so sweet to watch them "work" together.

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg
Every dead leaf he pulled became an opportunity to imagine something new!

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg
I finally was seen, and then any help he had actually been ceased altogether.

IMG_1614.jpg
Instead, he put his hat on the shrubs, and other important things.

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg
These are pajamas, in case you were wondering!

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg
A nice morning.
 Great memories.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!