Thursday, July 26, 2012

Breckenridge Mountain

We're just about to wrap up these Colorado photos. Which will sadly mean I have to get around to processing more  some of the photos I've taken since then so I can use them for the blog. Ha. So, for today, our ride up Breckenridge Mountain. We got it in just before the rain started, which is of course the order you'd like to do it in, if at all possible. There was way more to do at the top of Breckenridge Mountain than at the top of Vail Mountain, but less the boy could do, because they had this 3 year minimum restriction on everything, including the dang pony ride. That one was totally silly. But, we were able to ride the chair lift on up to the top of the mountain with him. Here are some photos:

untitled-397
First, before we went up the mountain, 
I caught a couple cute ones of the boy, playing on the back patio.

untitled-400

untitled-401

IMG_6502
OK, on up in the gondola.

untitled-408

untitled-410
Those dang pine bark beetles had been here, too.

untitled-412
Then up on the chair lift.

I wasn't a big proponent of the chair lift ride. I've got a pretty healthy phobia of heights, and this thing was open air. Also, as we went up the mountain, it was windier and colder on that lift. But, I persevered on behalf of the group. And, it was very pretty on top, so I'm glad I did. 

untitled-414

untitled-418
You can see the rain coming here, and Dad pointing out something interesting.

untitled-423
There was some haze in the air, from the wildfires.

untitled-428

untitled-430

untitled-432

untitled-436

untitled-440

untitled-441

untitled-445

untitled-446

untitled-453

untitled-458
LM was checking out the closed restaurant.
Apparently, it's only open in the winter. 

untitled-463
LM and I missed the "green" memo on this date.

untitled-465
LM and Daddy playing around.

untitled-471
The ride back down was even WINDIER and COLDER.
Seriously cold.

untitled-483
That's Dad and Torchy behind us.

We got on first so I could get a photo of them on the lift, as they were ahead of us on the way there. But, the guy at the top was making three empty seats go by before he loaded another one. So, they were WAY back there. And I want you to know I risked life and limb anyway to turn around and take this photo, which nearly scared me to an early death. But it all turned out OK. Ahem.

untitled-497
There is this beautiful little babbling brook under the ski lift.
Something you would never see in the winter!

untitled-499
There is a pretty good rendering of the activity area on the mountain.
There is a lot of stuff, like I said!

untitled-507
Since we were three cars ahead, though, I could catch them getting off!

untitled-508
The old people get confused sometimes. 
For a second, they thought it was Six Flags.
Hee hee.

untitled-509

untitled-510
They did a good job though!

untitled-518
The green ones and LM.

untitled-520
That rain was getting closer, so we headed on down the gondola too.

untitled-525

untitled-526
This sign amused me.

untitled-529
Me and my Daddy. I'm the one with the nutso smile.
What is that all about?

untitled-532
Now that's a cute kid. 

untitled-534
I'm sure here, he was saying, "Daddy, LM's leaning back."

untitled-540
Then he went sans glasses, briefly.

untitled-545
Because glasses are necessary. And cool.

untitled-550
We liked Breckenridge Mountain, we did.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!