Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sophia's Baptism

Waaaayyyy back in early October cousin Sophia was baptized. I have a lot of way back in October posts coming your way, as I am able. Here is the first one.

Little Man's cousin Sophia is two and a half months older than him. But, they are about the same size because my boy's such a hoss at this point in his little old life. And there are times these two look A LOT alike. I'm sure you'll see the resemblance.

Here are the photos of the day:

Sophia at baptism with mom then dad
Sophia with her mom before, and with her dad after the baptism.


IMG_7606
LM was bright eyed and bushy tailed for the event.
Or not.


IMG_7607
Sophia with Nonna and Papaw.


IMG_7609
The baptism girl with me and S.

IMG_7613
She wouldn't stop looking at me.
It was my magnetic personality I'm certain.


IMG_7624
Aunt Brooke and Uncle Michael with cousin Katherine.
She was about three weeks in this photo, I think.


alexandra with kelsy and then sam
Big sis Alexandra was there of course.
Shown here with Aunt Kelsey and Papaw.

sophia baptism nine up
Then the actual baptism service began.
And this catalogs some of the action.

I have to say I really liked how the priest managed the service. It was appropriate and reverent, but not two hours long. Appreciated on both accounts.


IMG_7652
Then, the big moment came.
She was anointed with the holy water and baptized.


IMG_7668
There were three babies being baptized on this day.

IMG_7680
Lots of family were in attendance.

IMG_7687
At the end of the service, Sophia was over it.
But she did pretty good until then.

IMG_7690
Posing with the Godparents, Kim's sister and brother-in-law.

IMG_7694

IMG_7701
It was a good day for a nice service for a sweet girl.

See you soon.

1 comment:

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!