Sunday, July 17, 2011

Colorado

In an attempt to get some posts up this week before I post about LM's first birthday, hopefully on time and in budget - heh heh - I thought I'd tell you all a bit about our trip to Colorado. My job takes me there each summer, and this year S took the whole time off and he and the boy tagged along. It was so nice to have them there with me. And, while I was a work, they got a lot of quality time together, which I think S enjoyed more than he ever imagined. I took way less photos than I normally have up there, mainly because I was spending my free time with LM and S, and sometimes you just have to "BE" and not photograph. But, we did take a few photos on our jaunts into town and out of town, mainly around the 4th of July. So, here are the highlights.

IMG_0021
The poppies are always beautiful in Vail.

IMG_0024
The boy rode around in style, here at the Vail Farmer's Market.

IMG_0028
Hanging out poolside at the condo.

IMG_0038
Ohhh...water!

IMG_0033
Mama, we're leaving. Are you coming?

IMG_0043
These two make a pretty darn cute pair...

IMG_0046
...even when they're sleeping!

IMG_0048
The parade.

We had a little breakdown of communication about the parade. I had to run over to the amphitheater that morning to do some work, and met up with the boys at breakfast. But, I was very late. So, they headed off to the parade and I was going to catch up with them. Only, once all those people crammed into those streets for the parade, I couldn't reach them. So...they watched the parade and took photos and I caught up with them afterward.

IMG_0052
Cute parade kids throwing candy.

IMG_0059
There were MANY, MANY firetrucks.

IMG_0094
LM missed much of the parade...he took a nap instead.

IMG_0308
We took some photos with the boy on the condo balcony.

IMG_0315
That's me and the boy...only I could find the shadow to stand in...

IMG_0408
Later that day, we took a drive to Independence Pass.

If you live where I live right now, perhaps staring at that photo with the snow will help cool you off a bit. It did me, for a second and a half. It was nice.

IMG_0350
I hope to share some flower photos in another post.

IMG_0391
Somebody tell LM the photo op is THIS WAY.

IMG_0420
Then at the end of the day we went back to the condo for dinner.

And we tried to get LM outside for a few photos of his cute outfit. He was tired. And the grass felt funny. But we captured a couple good ones.

IMG_0429

IMG_0442

IMG_0444

IMG_0451
Silliness with Daddy.

IMG_0463
And at the VERY end of the day, we had birthday cake.
LM was very unimpressed with that action for sure.

We had a couple other adventures while in the cool weather. I'll try to post those as well...we'll see...

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!