Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

amy age one in newspaper crop 2
Me, age one, celebrating our nation's birthday.
And my birthday too, incidentally.

Happy Independence Day to you and yours. Up there is a blast from the past - do you see a little of LM? I do! That photo appeared in the Indianapolis News (the evening paper) on Independence day when I was one year old. My mom strolled along with me in the local holiday parade, held on the 3rd that year, giving the photographer just enough time to publish it in the paper on the actual holiday! Handy.

I hope your holiday is a happy one. We plan to spend some time in the mountain air together. We'll take in the Vail parade and fireworks. What we do in between remains to be seen. Oh, and there will be birthday cake. Of course. There will be cake.

I hope to get back on here to update you on myriad happenings over the last month very soon. I'm seriously behind yet again. Until then...

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!