Friday, June 22, 2012

End of Season Fiesta!

In May, I got this hair brained idea that I wanted to have my work friends over for an end of season party. That party came to fruition last weekend. There were a few people who could not attend, and we missed them, but we had a fun time with those would could come! The food ended up to be great and everyone seemed to have a nice time. Most of the photos I took while we were setting up - but I did remember to take a couple during the party. Here they are:

IMG_2882.jpg
The Little Man helped us set up.

It was pretty warm out in the backyard while we were setting up on Saturday afternoon. We were a little concerned it would not cool off enough to make it bearable out there for a party by 6pm. But, it did. There was a nice breeze and it seemed to be a pleasant evening.

IMG_2886.jpg
S strung up our Christmas lights and we added some paper lanterns for a bit of ambiance. 

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg
We rented tables, chairs and linens.
I bought those flowers and balloons.

IMG_2899.jpg
The balloons, due to the wind, ended up off the tables pretty quick.

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg
Here, he was telling me, "No picture, Mommy!"

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg
The crowd!

IMG_2918.jpg
The fourth table was "overflow" so S and LM hung out there.

IMG_2919.jpg
It was nice to see some of my co-worker's families, too.

IMG_2922.jpg
Since the balloons were off the tables, they became great playthings for the boy.

In fact, Victor shot a great video of the boy and the balloons. Once I can edit down a clip small enough to upload, I'll show it to you!

IMG_2926.jpg
He carried the balloons all over the yard.

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg
He also played in the ice!

IMG_2934.jpg
Then he and Karen had a blast pushing the balloons away.

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg
Multi-tasking - eating ice, kicking the balloons...

IMG_2942.jpg
Oh, Mama, if you could only get the focus right...

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg
OK, so apparently, most of the photos I took were of the boy and the balloons...ha.

IMG_2951.jpg
There was, of course, dessert!

IMG_2952.jpg
I love how everyone is smiling and visiting here. 

It was such a fun thing for us to host, and it seemed everyone had a nice time, too. I'm glad we did it! Best wishes for your weekend!

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time. I know you got a discount on the decorations. I cannot believe how curly Lukes hair has gotten...must be heritary.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!