Thursday, June 14, 2012

Girl's Weekend

I went on my first ever girl's weekend (besides a weekend with my mom, I suppose) last weekend. Some of my good girlfriends from undergraduate collected, eventually, in San Antonio, and we had so much fun! I am not kidding here - I mean, I knew I would have fun. But, it was even more fun than I imagined! My college roommate Cathy drove down from Arkansas on Thursday. Then, she and four more of us left Friday after lunch for Round Rock and Kellie's house. We ate dinner that night with all of us and our friend Marcia who could not go on to San Antonio. It was great she could come out for dinner and catch up! Then, Saturday we took our time to get to San Antonio, making a stop at the Shady Grove, one of my favorite Austin restaurants, on the way.

In San Antonio, we ate some more, visited, went to the spa, shopped, took the river cruise, watched a movie, and just hung out together, catching up. On the way back to Dallas, we stopped at the Salt Lick in Driftwood for some awesome barbecue. We hope to make it an annual thing! Here are some photos:

IMG_9868
Tricia and Jennifer at the Shady Grove

IMG_9869
Cathy and Kellie

IMG_9870
Me and Carolann

IMG_9878
Our great hotel room at La Mansion del Rio

IMG_2576.jpg
The view from the balcony of our hotel room

IMG_2582.jpg
Cathy on the balcony

IMG_9887
Walking the river.

IMG_9892
Fake desserts at a restaurant on the river.

IMG_9893

IMG_9900
A duck family on the river.

IMG_9904
The classic riverwalk shot.

IMG_9916

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg
San Antonio, of course (Saint Anthony)

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg
Salt Lick

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_9909
It was fabulous, ladies! Thanks!

I was ready to get home after the weekend to see my boys. They had fun without me, of course, but I think they were happy to see me too. ;-) I can't wait for next year's girl's weekend. It was great!

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten how beautiful San Antonio is, I guess Torchy and I need to make a revisit sometime. Thanks for sharing your weekend in photos. They tell the story better than you can describe in words. You all haven't chnaged a bit.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!