Wednesday, February 12, 2014

LM's 2014 Valentines

image

We worked on LM's Valentines last weekend. A few weeks ago, I printed off some ideas I found on Pinterest and other places on the Internet for "boy valentines", and let him choose which one he liked. He chose "You're a Reel Catch" - a printable I could purchase from this cute store on Etsy and then would be attached to bags of gummy worms. Let's be honest here - choosing the valentine, for LM, was all about what candy he wanted to have. Ahem. Here are some photos of the nice time we had together, assembling the creations.


image
I found a great deal on these little cello bags at Jo-Ann's - way cheaper than at the party store.

image
The bags came with twist ties, but I decided to class it up a little with some orange ribbon.

image
I ended up having three spools of ribbon unused.
I returned them, for a savings of $4.19.
S teased me for saving that big amount with my return.
It was really just about getting it out of my house. ;-)

image
LM's job was to count out six worms and put them into each bag.

image

image
I then strung the cards onto the ribbon and tied them to the bags.

image
He took his work very seriously. 
Of course, there was some quality control checking along the way...

image

image
He seemed thrilled to be part of the activity.
So serious!

image
I thought they came out well in the end.

image
He will take them to his classmates on Friday.
We mailed a few to his cousins in Indy, 
and delivered a few to his cousins in Dallas.

We enjoyed doing this craft together, and I think he will take pride in handing them out on Friday, telling his teacher and classmates that he helped make them. 

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!