Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bluebonnets 2012

We set out to Ennis last weekend, just at the end of the day, to catch "good light" and some photos of the boy in the bluebonnets. I chose about five different shirts I thought might look good and put him in a white t-shirt. We ended up just leaving him in the t-shirt the whole time. Here are my favorites:

IMG_8704
Checking out the scene.

The boy fell asleep on the way to Ennis, so Daddy got him out of the car and tried to get him to wake up gracefully. While he did that, I placed the rocking chair in the field and checked out the light. It was really nice light, no? 

IMG_8711
Then Daddy put him in the chair.
And we talked about the flowers for a while.

IMG_8714
I'm not sure what Daddy was saying here, but something interesting, for sure.

IMG_8716
My toddler boy. Such a toddler. Such a boy!

For some reason, in my head, I want to wait until he's two to cut his hair. This is completely irrational based on nothing. His hair is going pretty wonky these days...I am not sure we'll make it three and a half more months before he gets a trim. Ahem.

IMG_8719

IMG_8720
Love.

IMG_8724
Such a typical look these days - what's that? Over there!

IMG_8731
I should probably lighten the shadows on his face, but I love his sweet smile here.

IMG_8737
We tried some "into the sun" - the sun was a bit too low for a great effect.
In my opinion.

IMG_8739
So, back to the chair, away from the sun.

IMG_8743
He's a-talkin' to us here.

IMG_8747
"LM, where's your belly?" Oh. Got it.

IMG_8753
Then we tried for some IN the flowers.
Yeah, not so much.

IMG_8759
The highlight of the day for me was all the wonderful photos I got of these two together.
LM lit up when Daddy sat down beside him.

IMG_8767

IMG_8770

IMG_8778

IMG_8782
"Hey, Little Man, where's Mommy"
"Mommeeee!"

IMG_8817
Then, there were a couple with me. 

IMG_8822
He climbed out of the chair...so we sat next to the chair.

IMG_8831
Back to the chair, solo.

IMG_8833
Ah, the innocence of childhood.

IMG_8835
One of my favorites.

IMG_8838
Oh that blessed tongue. 

IMG_8840
Also a favorite - this one looks so very Norman Rockwell to me.
Like he's gonna take that rocker on a ride!

IMG_8854
Then, we were "officially" done...but I caught these...

IMG_8857

IMG_8859

IMG_8872
...and these...

IMG_8876

IMG_8877

IMG_8879
So it was a good trip. 

I took a couple of just the flowers that I like too - I'll share those on another day. 

See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Amy, lovely photos and such as lovely story. Thanks for sharing. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amywag,....so sweet!!! : >

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!