Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Continued

I warned you on Monday - it has taken all week, people to recap what we did for one stinkin' holiday. I was not kidding when I said I had an Easter hangover. But here it is - the final egg:

IMG_9598
We went to Nonna and Papaw's after naps.
Of course, there were more baskets to be had.

I swear I took a photo of him in his suit before church, but I cannot find it now, so we'll skip to the afternoon. It started raining so we had to do everything inside, which for this crowd was not that big of a deal. We did put the suit on to try to get a photo of all five dressed up. You'll see later on...

IMG_9604

IMG_9609

IMG_9613

IMG_9620
The egg hunt - I have no real good photos of the actual hunt.

IMG_9632
This is us opening eggs afterwards - proof it happened!

IMG_9642
LM received several stamps in his eggs.

He LOVED them - and we had to confiscate them because of this love. We have gotten them out for brief periods of time. This momma has had one really well stamped hand or two. 

IMG_9644
Uncle S helped Sophia out.

IMG_9651
OK - here you go - the suit!

S wanted to get the suit. I wasn't convinced we needed it. And we didn't. But he did look pretty darn cute.


IMG_9660
And, this is the group shot. 

I love this shot - it is one for the memory books - so indicative of the five of them at the moment. Look at Big A, posing like a good little four year old, Sophia getting the heck outta dodge as a typical two year old can, LM holding an umbrella of all things because he's momentarily obsessed with them. Katherine sucking on her fingers and Andrew just sort of hanging out, but not engaged in the actual photo. Classic with a capital C, people. I commented at dinner that it was a pretty good thing we had LM when we did, or I was pretty sure I would need heavy medication to make it through a family gathering right now. Seriously. Whew.

IMG_9666
Moments later - look - Alexandra is still posing. Hee hee.

IMG_9672
Two of the three babies.
Sophia did not return. Ha.

IMG_9680
Awww...

IMG_9686
The dapper little man with his - ahem - umbrella.

IMG_9692
My loves.

IMG_9704
Wait - there's Sophia!

IMG_9711
Back to casual clothes and play.

IMG_9713

IMG_9716
Ganging up on Uncle Michael

IMG_9730

IMG_9735
The table before the onslaught - I mean, meal.

IMG_9738
After the kids were finished, Papaw was still eating.
But LM had donned that hat.

IMG_9748
Pinata time!

IMG_9750
LM is confusing his holidays.
He was remember the story of the Easter Elf...

IMG_9759
The pinata needed a little help to bust.
Not the kids minded - when it rained candy, they pretty much got it.

IMG_9771
Then the pinata became a hat!

IMG_9776
As did the baskets.

IMG_9777
And that's a wrap, folks. Amen.

Best wishes for the weekend. I have to do our taxes - yep - waited to the last blasted minute this year. Oh well. Other than that, I hope we can get out and about and enjoy the weather. 

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love the piñata hat. I am too, am very glad you had LM when you, cause if you could not have gotten thru the family holidays, your Mama would have had a tough time as well for you.

    Love you and love the post.. made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!