Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter at Our House

Sunday morning before church we did a little Easter egg hunt at our house with the boy. You will see he felt it fitting to wear his pirate hat for the festivities. This is a foam hat I bought him at the craft store - he's sort of fond of hats these days. You will see it came in handy down the road as an extra "bucket" when he ran out of room in his bucket.

IMG_9342
On our way out to the front yard.

IMG_9344
Imagine - right off the bat - an egg jackpot!

IMG_9346

IMG_9362

It should also be noted I put his blue sandals on for this endeavor. You know, to sort of match his outfit. Nope, those were not acceptable. The green crocs were clearly the way to go.

IMG_9363

IMG_9375

IMG_9389

IMG_9395
The handy hat.

IMG_9396

Then we went inside, opened eggs, and opened Easter baskets. We had one for the boy, and my mom left one for him while she was here. When we were putting it together the night before, I kept dragging out stuff I had accumulated over the last couple of months for this basket. S said, when it was all filled up, that we needed to hang a sign on it. What would that sign say, you ask? "Lift with your legs." Ha. Very funny, mister. Very funny. It wasn't that bad.

A short video of the egg opening ceremony.

IMG_9436

IMG_9449
Now to Nana's basket.

IMG_9452
A hit.

IMG_9455
And a hat. Ahem.

IMG_9459
The puzzle in Nana's basket makes siren noises when completed.
He thought that was way cool.

IMG_9464

IMG_9478
The basket from Mommy and Daddy.

See - not so bad! And I should say the bunny was "vintage" - I found it in a bag of my stuffed bears and decided to repurpose it for Easter. Hee hee. Also in the basket - one of those army men with a parachute, some play doh, books, a toy from Europe we forgot to give him, some bunny glasses and a couple things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

IMG_9483
There is the toy from Europe - a little dancing Mozart.

IMG_9513
Bunny glasses.

IMG_9515
Peter Rabbit book.

IMG_9534
Oh - bubbles. How could I forget the bubbles!
And I was so excited about them, too!

IMG_9543
And, of course, Easter grass!

IMG_9547
Trying out chocolate...just a tiny bit.

Then we got ready for church...I'll show and tell about the rest of the day tomorrow.

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! Sweet pics of LM.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (first name only is fine) with your comment!